Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1523

Thread: 2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    Fellow Myrtle Beach Invitational participant, West Virginia, lost to a good Buffalo team in OT last night, 99-94.

    Not the start Higgy Bear was looking for.
    How good can they be without Smart?

  2. #122
    I know NC State is playing a weak team, but they do play defense.

  3. #123
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by knowell View Post
    I know NC State is playing a weak team, but they do play defense.
    Impressive start given they only have like 3 returning players.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    Impressive start given they only have like 3 returning players.
    They went the transfer route. Their guys are more Keyshawn Woods and less like TT.

  5. #125
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by knowell View Post
    They went the transfer route. Their guys are more Keyshawn Woods and less like TT.
    They’ve got a mix.

    Haven’t been watching them today, but I’m sure I’ll be sad we don’t have Wyatt Walker.

  6. #126
    A Young Go-Hard
    myDeaconmyhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peters Creek
    Posts
    26,171
    Quote Originally Posted by harmoniousmonk View Post
    7 foot 2 inch Boi Boi had 23 and 12 for Oregon last night
    https://youtu.be/l7mRLD799og
    Draxx them sklounst

  7. #127
    Upcoming opponent Charlotte beat Oklahoma State, which is a pretty massive upset if we're going off of way-too-early KP rankings. Charlotte was down 24 with 13 minutes left and came back.

    Win probability chart:

    Last edited by Ayo; 11-10-2018 at 07:52 PM.

  8. #128
    If the CBS Sports app is correct, Boston College literally got 0 points off the bench in a 74-69 win over St Francis NY.

  9. #129
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,609
    Georgia Tech, like Wake Forest, is playing @ Tennessee this season.

    GT plays them tomorrow night... I'll probably tune in for a while to see how bad GT really is and how good Tennessee might be.

  10. #130
    Dickie Hemric
    vadimivich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wien, Österreich
    Posts
    12,593
    Devoe is still coming back from a toe injury, so we'll be even worse than expected.

  11. #131
    Charlotte beat Oklahoma State on Saturday. They lost their first game against a terrible Chattanooga team, but apparently we won't be able to sleepwalk through that game.

  12. #132
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by vadimivich View Post
    Devoe is still coming back from a toe injury, so we'll be even worse than expected.
    Devoe played decent minutes against Lamar... But I'm sure he'll be eased into the rotation given the lack of practice time and because those injuries suck to recover from.

    Good thing you guys have Brandon Alston looking all Simon Phoenix out there to help hold down the fort. Assuming he doesn't Murder Death Kill Edgar Friendly, of course.


  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by WFUWaldo View Post
    Charlotte beat Oklahoma State on Saturday. They lost their first game against a terrible Chattanooga team, but apparently we won't be able to sleepwalk through that game.
    OK State lost 6 of their top 7 in minutes from last year. The Cowboys are going to be awful (at least to start the season). That said, the Charlotte win over OK State on Saturday was a shock as Charlotte lost everyone but Jon Davis (including Andrien White to WF) from a terrible team last year. I think Charlotte still is unbelievably bad, but we shall see.

  14. #134
    Dickie Hemric
    vadimivich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wien, Österreich
    Posts
    12,593
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    Devoe played decent minutes against Lamar... But I'm sure he'll be eased into the rotation given the lack of practice time and because those injuries suck to recover from.

    Good thing you guys have Brandon Alston looking all Simon Phoenix out there to help hold down the fort. Assuming he doesn't Murder Death Kill Edgar Friendly, of course.

    Alston's 'do' is looking amazing, that's maybe the best thing you can say about this team. We just have very little ACC talent. In theory the Alvarado/Devoe backcourt should be pretty good ... but Devoe had that toe injury and missed a ton of time. The rest of the roster is ... man, it's a lot of guys who should not be on the court for an ACC team. We're going to get killed in a lot of games this year.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by vadimivich View Post
    Alston's 'do' is looking amazing, that's maybe the best thing you can say about this team. We just have very little ACC talent. In theory the Alvarado/Devoe backcourt should be pretty good ... but Devoe had that toe injury and missed a ton of time. The rest of the roster is ... man, it's a lot of guys who should not be on the court for an ACC team. We're going to get killed in a lot of games this year.
    Maybe we could combine our teams... close enough jersey colors... and put out a hybrid squad that has a chance at being competitive.

  16. #136
    Dickie Hemric
    vadimivich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wien, Österreich
    Posts
    12,593
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacDaddy View Post
    Maybe we could combine our teams... close enough jersey colors... and put out a hybrid squad that has a chance at being competitive.
    What would even be that starting 5?

    Alvarado
    Devoe
    Childress
    Hoard
    Sarr

    Go with 3 guards? I mean, I'm not sure there's more than 1 NBA player there (Hoard, obviously) and would that team even finish top half of the ACC? What the hell has happened to our programs?

  17. #137
    NEW MODERAT0R
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    29,349
    Quote Originally Posted by vadimivich View Post
    Alston's 'do' is looking amazing, that's maybe the best thing you can say about this team. We just have very little ACC talent. In theory the Alvarado/Devoe backcourt should be pretty good ... but Devoe had that toe injury and missed a ton of time. The rest of the roster is ... man, it's a lot of guys who should not be on the court for an ACC team. We're going to get killed in a lot of games this year.
    No it doesn't look amazing. He looks like a black Pete Davidson.

  18. #138
    NC A&T getting taken to woodshed at Maryland

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by daaberry View Post
    NC A&T getting taken to woodshed at Maryland
    Yup, unranked Maryland showing what a P5 team should do when playing A&T.

  20. #140
    Broderick Hicks zqglass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clemmons, NC
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by netflixnchildres View Post
    Yup, unranked Maryland showing what a P5 team should do when playing A&T.
    We took the fight out of the Aggies for them
    beer and titties

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •