• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

They’ll still both be good but it could be the worse year for duke and unc combined in a while next year.

If Coby White follows Nassir Little to the NBA draft, UNC loses its top 5 leading scorers from this year.

And if UNC doesn't land Cole Anthony, they're going to be in a lot of trouble unless someone makes a huge leap from this year to next. As of now, they only have one blue chip recruit. Duke will have a few more one and dones come I'm sure, but they'll be weaker than previous seasons.

So much hype for Nassir Little that didn't ultimately amount to much. A pretty good cautionary tale to keep expectations realistic when it comes to the impact of 1 season of even a top-10 recruit.

it will be interesting to see how high he is picked. Very inconsistent.

And if UNC doesn't land Cole Anthony, they're going to be in a lot of trouble unless someone makes a huge leap from this year to next. As of now, they only have one blue chip recruit. Duke will have a few more one and dones come I'm sure, but they'll be weaker than previous seasons.

Wonder if the Clemson game next year will be in Chapel Hill.

Ky Bowman entering the NBA Draft pool. Sounds like he is not coming back to BC regardless, like BC last year.

While I doubt either will be back after next season, the WF/BC opener sounds like an elimination game for either Jim Christian and DM. BC loses two of its top scorers in Bowman and Chatman, and its only outside shooting threats, no one else made more than 26 threes last year. Would seem like WF should be in position to win this, but Nik Poppvic will probably have the game of his life.

So much hype for Nassir Little that didn't ultimately amount to much. A pretty good cautionary tale to keep expectations realistic when it comes to the impact of 1 season of even a top-10 recruit.

What a waste of time for Roy to have recruited that guy and worked with him this year. He didn't really impact the team this year and now he is gone.

What a waste of time for Roy to have recruited that guy and worked with him this year. He didn't really impact the team this year and now he is gone.

I agree wholeheartedly. Painfully, he was not worth the time and effort. Probably feels like Roy might as well retire anyway. His health plus losing May, Johnson, Williams, Little and probably White, 5/6 top players.

If we only could be the next Lipscomb.

NIT has to be super excited about this final coming up.

I'm thinking Casey Alexander is going to be a late move for a job opening this year.
If he doesn't move up this year however, I also think he's going to be a top second tier target for us next year.

Already rumored to return to Belmont.

Has Shaka's NIT tourney run been enough to quell the movement to oust him at Texas?

Texas is now a 20 win team.

Yeah, he has a 5* and 2 4*s coming in to help. I don't see why they'd want to get into a big buyout while he's still recruiting well.

Texas is top 25 in KP now.

I think Alexander can do better than Belmont but it’s a natural rumor since he’s in the HOF there.

Texas is top 25 in KP now.

I think Alexander can do better than Belmont but it’s a natural rumor since he’s in the HOF there.

Yeah, I don't know what his returning team looks like but seems like this is situation where he would be better off sticking it out at Lipscomb for a year or two and then he can make a jump to an AAC or A10 program, if not straight to a power conference program.

Probably should start moving these takes to an NBA Draft thread, but here's a scathing critique of RJ Barrett.

https://theathletic.com/901851/2019...-board-update-final-four-edition-version-4-0/

The Elite Eight game against Michigan State was a microcosm of Barrett’s game. He goes for 21 points, six rebounds and six assists, solidifying his production case as the only high-major player to average at least 22 points, seven rebounds and four assists per game in a season. That he did so as a freshman, playing that entire season at 18 years old, is completely remarkable. But the holes are also pretty obvious.

Barrett, while a good passer, can also play the role of being a selfish star. He dominates the ball, particularly at the end of games. In the three games Duke lost that Zion Williamson played, R.J. Barrett went 0-9 from the field in the final minute. Williamson only took one shot in those situations, despite being the undisputed best player on the team. R.J. Barrett missed 383 shots this year. Williamson attempted just 435. It’s hard to look at that discrepancy and feel like things were handled equitably this year. Additionally, Barrett also showcased his struggles around the basket in half-court settings this year, in addition to some turnover issues in games where he had to handle the ball a lot.

Back