• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Hines graduated from Oregon and was only allowed to transfer due to graduation. Otherwise he would have to sit out like a normal transfer. Unless we are saying Oregon or NCSU is faking that he graduated.

so he earned a one-year graduate degree at Oregon? good for him

Well Kansas was in the final four last year.

I do think this is the most enjoyable final four I can recall overall.

If the styles of play weren’t awful I’d agree. But Back to back games with UVA and TTU? Woof

Edit:

Actually, it looks like since he only played in 4 games last year, the new wrinkle allowed Hines to transfer and basically use all of last season as his sit out season due to a regular transfer. So who know what the hell he did school wise last year. DD wouldn’t be taking him or planning to playing him if he wasn’t taking school seriously and keeping up his end of the bargain..

and my point is that I don't believe there are any rules at all (see the quote above: "...without any academic requirements"). Hines could have completed zero classes at Oregon, and it appears that he would still be eligible

Fair point. Given the situation I think probably no rules on grades for the transfer, but Hines would have to be eligible per NCAA guidelines given his course work at NCSU over the spring and summer semesters.

USF beat Depaul 2-1 in the CBI Finals in a matchup of failed ACC coaches Brian Gregory and Dave Leitao. Depaul was 15-15 after a first round loss in the AAC tournament.

Duke is "looking into" Zion's Mom get money from ...Duke, Nike, both?? Of course, K will be clean in the whole matter.

after it all shakes out, looks like Deacs are the second-best 11-win team in the country

Duke is "looking into" Zion's Mom get money from ...Duke, Nike, both?? Of course, K will be clean in the whole matter.

Surprised that Zion has not declared for the draft yet. I'm sure nothing will come from this "internal compliance investigation," and the NCAA wouldn't dare looking into Duke and Nike's relationship (remember how Bagley's family went from poor to wealthy once he committed to Duke?)

L'ville just landed St. Joe's grad transfer Lamar Kimble. He averaged 15 ppg last year, which included 15 against WF in the Myrtle Beach tourney; Kimble also scored 22 against Nova and 31 against WV; he missed more than a month with an injury during conference play. If Nwora returns, L'ville is going to make some noise next year.

L'ville just landed St. Joe's grad transfer Lamar Kimble. He averaged 15 ppg last year, which included 15 against WF in the Myrtle Beach tourney; Kimble also scored 22 against Nova and 31 against WV; he missed more than a month with an injury during conference play. If Nwora returns, L'ville is going to make some noise next year.

Dickie V has them as his preseason #9

Markus Howard coming back. Maybe Wojo can lose a tourney game by less than 20 next year

Back