• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

If the Spartans hit their FTs, they would have beaten Kansas. Dedric Lawson is an absolute beast.

That Zion kid has a 45 inch vertical and is bigger than Eric Williams, damn.

I've seen Barrett play about 5/6 times. Each time he has reminded me of a young Sean Elliot.

Reddish could grow into Klay-lite.

Early returns suggest that this could be the best K team ever...at least the most athletic.

Tre Jones looks exactly like his most-punchable-face-ever brother, and it's gonna bother me all season.

Kentucky looks like trash. They can't even make simple passes.

Jesus. Duke will beat us by 100.

Duke may score 175 points on us.

So we can just write in Bama in January and Duke in April and not have to worry about actually watching games.

Laszewski had 12/9 to lead ND in their win last night.

That dude would have looked so good in a Wake uni.

Cheddi Mosely with zero points in 16 minutes for LaSalle in their 67-75 loss to Temple last night.

I am glad we didn't bother with Cheddi.

Torry Johnson looks like he'll at least be able to make some contributions on the defensive end.

So we can just write in Bama in January and Duke in April and not have to worry about actually watching games.
And of course, Warriors in June.

In all seriousness, though, Duke looked ridiculous, but Barrett and Zion have holes in their games that smart teams like Virginia should be able to scheme against. Kentucky was just so lost defensively last night. They're gonna be tough to beat, but I don't think they're unbeatable.

This was just silly.

Last edited:
Saddiq Bey had 16 points for Villanova last night. Thanks ACC!

Yeah, FSU/UF was only a game for about 10 minutes. UF will probably be just OK this year... Nice class already coming in for 2019, so they'll be fine. FSU will be better than I thought they'd be... Their younger players look ready to step into bigger roles this season. Frustrating.

In other news, Mike Devoe still not playing for GT due to a toe injury, but it sounds like he could be back soon.

John Newman had an OK debut for Clemson... 5/3/2 in 18 minutes.

Can anyone add to this list of Wake 2018 "misses"? I like to follow these guys to make myself feel worse:
Nate Laszewski
Mike Devoe
Ayo Dosunmu
John Newman (probably not a miss... I think we cooled)
Saddiq Bey (probably couldn't have come to Wake from NCSU, and ended up at Nova anyway)

Back