• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Tough loss for Notre Dame as Pflueger is out for the year:

What's more likely? That Woods was the problem? Or that the chemistry/team/whatever created by losing and/or Manning was the problem? I don't think we solved the problem by getting rid of Woods.

My personal thoughts then were: Losing, then Woods (or his relationship w/ Manning and/or other players), then Manning.
My updated thoughts: Both Manning & Losing. Though it doesn't really matter at this point... Program is circling the drain. Time for a change.

There are still nine undefeated teams this year. The list in order of when they should lose their first game by-

Buffalo, December 18
Texas Tech, December 20
Furman, December 21
St. Johnson, December 29
Kansas, January 5
Houston, January 6
Virginia, January 9
Nevada, January 12
Michigan, January 13

So do you think Woods stays if Manning is fired at the end of last season?

There would have been a decent chance that a lot of those guys come back or at least give the new coach a chance to recruit them.

Similar to after the 2nd season of BZ when all those players wanted to leave.

We lost 7 guys I think, so good chance the new coach would be playing with more talent than what Manning has.

WF plays Gardner Webb next week. Would think that tonight's win for GW would be a wake up call.

At GT. We aren’t winning at GT.

Yeah, it's well-documented around here that the Deacons just don't win at Georgia Tech. Not sure why it'd be any different this year.

I'll probably still go... It's a nice arena and tickets are cheap.

Just have to keep low expectations.

Yeah, it's well-documented around here that the Deacons just don't win at Georgia Tech. Not sure why it'd be any different this year.

I'll probably still go... It's a nice arena and tickets are cheap.

Just have to keep low expectations.

Unfortunately, I know. I went to a number of games while my boys were at GT. We never could win.
In fact, I think they beat us when we were ranked #1 about 12 years ago.
Very frustrating.

Their renovated arena s very nice and the buffet/drinks area for VIP supporters is top notch.

It's a fools errand to think WF will win any ACC road game as WF is 5-31 on the ACC road under Manning (4 wins during Collins sophomore year, and beating a historically horrendous Pitt team last year).

That said, as soon as I saw the schedule, I thought WF might win at GT to open the ACC season. After last night's loss to Gardner-Webb, GT's best home win this year is #247 UT Rio Grande Valley (I didn't know they had a D-1 program).

Georgia Tech - Wake Forest is easily the saddest game of the modern ACC era.

Two formerly proud programs hoping for mediocrity. Pastner (my phone wants to autocorrect his name to “Past Error”) said in that he’s not sure his team will ever win more than 8 ACC games. Manning hit his zenith at 9-9. Truly sad.

WF plays Gardner Webb next week. Would think that tonight's win for GW would be a wake up call.

If our team is still sleepwalking after Houston Baptist, they are never waking up.

Georgia Tech - Wake Forest is easily the saddest game of the modern ACC era.

Two formerly proud programs hoping for mediocrity. Pastner (my phone wants to autocorrect his name to “Past Error”) said in that he’s not sure his team will ever win more than 8 ACC games. Manning hit his zenith at 9-9. Truly sad.

Wow. That should be pretty easy to recruit against. Too bad he didn't say that when we were battling it out with them for Devoe.

Back