• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Barnes is less likely to leave his school on NCAA probation.

Barnes is less likely to leave his school on NCAA probation.

This. I have a nephew at Auburn, and his 1st semester he said he had heard the hoops coach give a talk and said he was really impressive. I told him to give him 2-3 years and they'd have a really good team but go on probation soon thereafter.

Houston’s new 7000 seat arena seems like a crazy environment. Kelvin loses his star player from last year & still has a good team.

Looking at the remaining schedule for Wake, I have us winning 5 more games against Webb, Cornell, BC, State, and Pitt. Actually, now that I think about it, reaching 10 wins may be a bit too generous. So pretty much all home wins. I don't see a path where we pick up a road win this year.

0 and whatever

Looking at the remaining schedule for Wake, I have us winning 5 more games against Webb, Cornell, BC, State, and Pitt. Actually, now that I think about it, reaching 10 wins may be a bit too generous. So pretty much all home wins. I don't see a path where we pick up a road win this year.

We will loose to State, BC and Pitt.

We will loose to State, BC and Pitt.

Realize we are getting into the tallest midget category, but WF will not lose all 4 (WF plays State twice) of those games. KP has WF finishing the year 11-19 and 4-14 - DFL in the ACC. That's reasonable. Bad teams win games here and there: WF somehow beat FSU last year who finished in the Elite 8. WF plays Miami twice and they have several mystifying losses; GT and ND are both mediocre. Yes, WF sucks, but even sucky teams stumble into a handful of wins, unless they are completely depleted like Pitt last year.

Wake's most likely ACC victories this year are Pitt, BC, UL, and Miami in that order according to KP. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they beat GT on the road either if Wake shoots well and the GT offense plays poorly.

I threw in State just purely based off history. Better State teams have laid an egg in the Joel in recent memory. That's my pick for Wake's only upset of the year (I know, I know..At this point every wake win feels like an upset). Everybody gets one! :cool:

Given States performances at the Joel of late and WF seeming to play well in that game every year it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Back