• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

only to have it ripped away because their cheating is finally blown wide open... and k having retired thinking he is on top only to go out as a loser. seems like a great ending for me, especially when i dont expect wake to be able to compete in conference again.

This is all I can think about when I watch Duke now. Someone needs to blow this open... there have out-kentucky'd Kentucky. Seems it changed about 6-7 years ago, especially interesting that UNC went the opposite direction in looking for 3-4 year guys.

Nothing very interesting on the schedule tonight, though we do get our first look at Louisville (against Nicholls).

Also get another result from Notre Dame (against Chicago State), and my favorite WF miss, Nate Laszewski.

And the debut of Ayo (Illinois at home against Evansville)... No TV.

More games on Friday night... Including UNC-G @ #23 LSU.

Chicago State may well be the worst team in Div. 1 this year. Don't expect to learn anything about ND from that game.

Despite his shooting issues last night, Woods can hit shots and make free throws. He is a minus defender; does not rebound well, and despite last nights dimes, does not create offense for others. He would help this year given WF's depth issues and apparent lack of weapons from deep, but not sure how much a difference Woods would make in WF's final record (WF was not going to make an NCAA run with him), and by Keyshawn moving on, he created an opportunity for Wright and probably others (Wynn?) to get some extra minutes. Bottom line: Woods departure means limited short term pain or potential long term gain.

Long term gain could be mitigated if another 11 win season dissuades recruits.

Wake really did need to keep him unless he was just an absolute head case.

For a coach that likes to spread it out and shoot the 3, Wake is lacking in 3-point shooters.

Despite his shooting issues last night, Woods can hit shots and make free throws. He is a minus defender; does not rebound well, and despite last nights dimes, does not create offense for others. He would help this year given WF's depth issues and apparent lack of weapons from deep, but not sure how much a difference Woods would make in WF's final record (WF was not going to make an NCAA run with him), and by Keyshawn moving on, he created an opportunity for Wright and probably others (Wynn?) to get some extra minutes. Bottom line: Woods departure means limited short term pain or potential long term gain.

Perfectly stated.

Ayo is looking pretty damn impressive. Would’ve changed the complexion of this years team, quite a bit.

Will be interesting to see how Illinois does in Year 2 of Underwood.

They were a mess last year and didn't bring in much (outside of Ayo)... But Underwood obviously has a strong reputation as a head coach from his 3 years at SFA (and I guess his 1 year at OK State).

Will be interesting to see how Illinois does in Year 2 of Underwood.

They were a mess last year and didn't bring in much (outside of Ayo)... But Underwood obviously has a strong reputation as a head coach from his 3 years at SFA (and I guess his 1 year at OK State).

I still don't forgive LeRon Black for the cheap shot he gave lil' Chill at the end of their loss to us. Hope that POS ends up with more leg injuries than Harry Giles, classless just like his coach.

Elon vs Unc tonight. Elon is opening a new 40-50 million dollar basketball stadium.

Longwood won at Richmond tonight... Seems like that road game won’t be as much of a test as some thought.

Also, I’ve had a hard time watching this Arkansas/Texas game given the horrible camera angle. Unfortunate, because it’s been a good game.

Longwood was +16.5... So that was unexpected.

South Carolina lost to Stony Brook tonight as a 14.5 point favorite.

Those are really the only two upsets we’ve seen so far this entire week. And neither of those is really shocking.

St. Joe’s, WF first opponent in the Myrtle Beach Tournament, dominated a solid ODU team tonight. St. Joe also crushed UMBC in a secret scrimmage. St. Joe will be a tough game next week.

St. Joe’s, WF first opponent in the Myrtle Beach Tournament, dominated a solid ODU team tonight. St. Joe also crushed UMBC in a secret scrimmage. St. Joe will be a tough game next week.

Yeah, but it looks like McClinton didn’t play so the win over ODU doesn’t really count.

Fellow Myrtle Beach Invitational participant, West Virginia, lost to a good Buffalo team in OT last night, 99-94.

Not the start Higgy Bear was looking for.

Back