• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Georgia State now 2-0 on the season against SEC as they also beat Georgia a couple of weeks ago in a tourney in the Cayman Islands.

They put up a good fight in the NCAAs last season vs. Cincinnati and most of the guys from that team are back this season. If they win the Sun Belt again this season, they have the talent to notch a couple of Ws in the NCAA tournament. Not a lot of heght, but plenty of guys who can play well on the perimeter and a legit NBA prospect in D’Marcus Simonds.

The Providence/BC overtime game last night was pretty good. BC lost but they look much better than Wake Forest.

No doubt BC is better than WF, but that is a bad loss for BC. BC led for most of the game, and Providence starts two freshman guards. It was the type of game BC needs to win to demonstrate progress. BTW, even though BC hosted, seemed like a large portion of the crowd rooted for Providence. Also, kudos the the underrated Ed Cooley coach of Providence. Not the easiest program to recruit to, yet they have won 20+ games and made the NCAAs each of the last 5 years (they always exit early), and looks like this year will be #6.

No doubt BC is better than WF, but that is a bad loss for BC. BC led for most of the game, and Providence starts two freshman guards. It was the type of game BC needs to win to demonstrate progress. BTW, even though BC hosted, seemed like a large portion of the crowd rooted for Providence. Also, kudos the the underrated Ed Cooley coach of Providence. Not the easiest program to recruit to, yet they have won 20+ games and made the NCAAs each of the last 5 years (they always exit early), and looks like this year will be #6.

AJ Reeves was shooting the lights out that game. Top 50 Freshman, had 6 ACC offers and chose Providence. I thought 3 of their top 4 players were Freshman, Cooley built a nice class. On the other side Chris Herren Jr. plays exactly like his father and will be good for BC. BC choked that game away and 2 things definitely caught my eye. First, Bowman was trying to do too much at the end of that game to impress Danny Ainge and his hero ball cost the team. Second, Herren Jr. was their spark plug and BC's coach took substitution lessons from Danny Manning by leaving him on the bench 4 of the last 5 minutes of the regulation portion of the game. Providence was undoubtedly the better coached team, and the announcers said an interesting stat. In the last 5-6 seasons Ed Cooley is 47-20 in games decided by 6 points or fewer. Would love to get those stats for all potential future coaches at Wake, because I think its telling when you can win 70% of close games.

If Jr. is anywhere near as good as his dad, BC has a real stud. Dad was basically unguardable until his demons got to him.

Radford beat Texas tonight.

They also have a win at Notre Dame. Impressive.

The bubble has burst. RU lost to #200 JMU last night. Having said that, I can see the NCAA pairing Radford against their neighbor VT in a 4-13 first round matchup.

If Jr. is anywhere near as good as his dad, BC has a real stud. Dad was basically unguardable until his demons got to him.

Herren Jr. is not close to the same level as his dad. Herren senior was a college all-american, and one of the best HS baskeball players in New England history. Junior may develop into a solid, maybe even excellent, college player, but he is not the electric player his father was.

24pgebt.jpg

UT Student section halfway through the first half. SHAKA!

Is this from their game tonight against VCU? That’s terrible.

That’s the thing about Wake. We have fantastic fans. Even with our terrible basketball performance the last 8 years, we always have more fans than that. And our school is 1/10th the size of Texas. Our fans deserve so much better than the current state of Wake basketball.

The VCU section is....much fuller and louder

Last edited:
ESPN running comparisons for Zion during the Duke game. One was Rodney Rogers, which I thought was interesting. Another was Larry Johnson on the Charlotte Hornets. Both are interesting comparisons I never would've considered myself. Similar body types and athleticism so I can partially see it.

NCSU and Keatts are up by 30 on Western Carolina with 10 to play in the 2nd. Does this mean we are the worst team in the ACC?

ESPN running comparisons for Zion during the Duke game. One was Rodney Rogers, which I thought was interesting. Another was Larry Johnson on the Charlotte Hornets. Both are interesting comparisons I never would've considered myself. Similar body types and athleticism so I can partially see it.

A bigger LJ sounds about right.

The bubble has burst. RU lost to #200 JMU last night. Having said that, I can see the NCAA pairing Radford against their neighbor VT in a 4-13 first round matchup.

Even if Radford won every game from now until the NCAA tournament they would still probably be no higher than a 15-seed.

Is this from their game tonight against VCU? That’s terrible.

That’s the thing about Wake. We have fantastic fans. Even with our terrible basketball performance the last 8 years, we always have more fans than that. And our school is 1/10th the size of Texas. Our fans deserve so much better than the current state of Wake basketball.

That looks like a lot more people than were at the Joel for Houston Baptist.

Back