• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Man bad beat on the meaningless buzzer beater

The more I see Duke this year. The more it looks like K is phoning it in. Their D is mediocre at best and offensively it's almost all one on one.

Manning

Among other things Manning rarely does is to recruit good white players-note Notre Dame.

The more I see Duke this year. The more it looks like K is phoning it in. Their D is mediocre at best and offensively it's almost all one on one.

Not trying to be a K apologist but I feel like this is the product of having the two most talented players in the country and no depth.

Not trying to be a K apologist but I feel like this is the product of having the two most talented players in the country and no depth.

To further your point, they had all of 6 points from players other than their top 3. I hate them, but it was a well played game, and Zion is fun to watch. Interested to see where he ends up next year.

Barrett travels a lot. Gets by with an extra step on a lot of his drives. Watched several in slow motion last night. Noticed it in our game. Never going to be called. Zion is amazing though. Best bet is to flop & hope for the charge.

FSU loses 4 of their last 5 games.
They went for 12-1 to 13-5 in a hurry.
So much for being ranked.

Oh, grow up.....Check out Notre Dame.....A little more diversity would be nice.

First, your implication is that there are white players better than the players we have now that wanted to come to Wake but Manning didn't recruit them. Where's the proof of that? If that isn't the case, then you would want more white players on the team that aren't as good as the players we have? Secondly, what would be nice about the "diversity"? Does having players of a particular racial background mean we would win more games? Why is that?

Your comment cannot be interpreted in a way that is as innocent as you would like it to sound. This ain't Hickory High and it's never going to be.

And he specifically invoked Notre Dame who beat us for a white player in this freshman class.

Not to mention we had a few white players in this class.

We should be pissed if our coaches weren’t recruiting the best players regardless of race but there’s no sign they aren’t.

They are so hard to figure out. 2 year ago were loaded and got destroyed 2nd round. Last years team was mediocre and they nearly make the final 4. Same team comes back and when they finally play someone , they get worked in conference.

So Many Questions and assumptions

First, your implication is that there are white players better than the players we have now that wanted to come to Wake but Manning didn't recruit them. Where's the proof of that? If that isn't the case, then you would want more white players on the team that aren't as good as the players we have? Secondly, what would be nice about the "diversity"? Does having players of a particular racial background mean we would win more games? Why is that?

Your comment cannot be interpreted in a way that is as innocent as you would like it to sound. This ain't Hickory High and it's never going to be.

Just some observations: some tongue in cheek

1. Winning has been a scarcity the past nine years at Wake
2. Is Manning actually a good recruiter
3. During the past years-when this team has gotten torched-it's often by some white player (this is sometimes mentioned on the board)

4. For years I've heard how wonderful diversity is and how many people want to see players, coaches, professors etc, etc, to look like them-so I see nothing wrong with my original question.
5. I never attended Hickory High.

I've always kinda liked FSU under Hamilton because his teams almost always play solid D. But like most of his teams, they are prone to masonry. And 2 of those Ls are UVA and Duke, and the other 2 were road games. Their schedule gets a bit more favorable from here, and I still think they get to 9-10 conference wins.

VT has a big game at UNC tonight.

Wake Forest is the only team in the Atlantic Coast Conference with a losing overall record.

Back