• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

So you hope Duke wins the championship.

30 minutes of watching Ohio State, I can safely say we will not miss Keyshawn. The only thing he is good at is making tough jump shots, every other part of his game is below average.

So you hope Duke wins the championship.

only to have it ripped away because their cheating is finally blown wide open... and k having retired thinking he is on top only to go out as a loser. seems like a great ending for me, especially when i dont expect wake to be able to compete in conference again.

Cincy -4.5 over Ohio State this evening... TEMPTING

I remain on fire.

Woods looked better than I expected. Shot wasn’t falling, but he wasn’t a complete liability on defense.

Clearly would have helped us on the court this season.

30 minutes of watching Ohio State, I can safely say we will not miss Keyshawn. The only thing he is good at is making tough jump shots, every other part of his game is below average.

Ha.

I just watched the same game and thought the opposite.

His shooting will be fine. That would’ve helped.

He played a ton of minutes for a team about to beat Cincy on the road. Couldn’t have been that much of a liability.

Of course, my expectations were probably a little low.

Ha.

He played a ton of minutes for a team about to beat Cincy on the road. Couldn’t have been that much of a liability.

Missed the front end of a 1and1, then missed a 3 on the offensive rebound while other teammates were open, untimely turnovers, giving up 3s by staying too far off his man, still looks slow footed on the perimeter compared to everyone else, can't create separation from his man, gets beat off the dribble. He had a lot more negatives to me than positives. That being said he hit a couple tough jumpers and had a couple nice passes. We know he can be instant offense off the bench but the negatives outweigh the positives.

Also Cinci didn't play very well, their shooting was horrendous. It was 60-56 with less than a minute in the game. That wasn't an impressive win for Ohio State, barely beating a team that shot below 30% on both FGs and 3Pointers.

only to have it ripped away because their cheating is finally blown wide open... and k having retired thinking he is on top only to go out as a loser. seems like a great ending for me, especially when i dont expect wake to be able to compete in conference again.

Yeah. Revoking championships is barely a punishment.

Cincy -4.5 over Ohio State this evening... TEMPTING
Hope you didn't do it.

Man, if losing 2/3 of your scoring and going on the road and beating a quality opponent were always so easy...

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread - No Back Problems For K This Year

Also Cinci didn't play very well, their shooting was horrendous. It was 60-56 with less than a minute in the game. That wasn't an impressive win for Ohio State, barely beating a team that shot below 30% on both FGs and 3Pointers.

Cincy didn’t play well and they aren’t as good as they were last year, but that is absolutely an impressive win for Ohio State.

Cincy lost 1 home game last year (Wichita St) and zero the year before that.

Last edited:
Hope you didn't do it.

Man, if losing 2/3 of your scoring and going on the road and beating a quality opponent were always so easy...

I didn’t.

Doesn’t change the fact that I wanted to.

Just noticed that Woods had 5 assists...

Out of the team’s total of 7.

SEVEN TEAM ASSISTS

Ha.

He had 4 points on 2-7 shooting. He came off the bench.

Missed the front end of a 1and1, then missed a 3 on the offensive rebound while other teammates were open, untimely turnovers, giving up 3s by staying too far off his man, still looks slow footed on the perimeter compared to everyone else, can't create separation from his man, gets beat off the dribble. He had a lot more negatives to me than positives. That being said he hit a couple tough jumpers and had a couple nice passes. We know he can be instant offense off the bench but the negatives outweigh the positives.

Agree 100 percent. Glad he's gone actually mainly cause his defense sucked and he would have chucked up a bunch of horrible shots. He just looks so slow out there.

Agree 100 percent. Glad he's gone actually mainly cause his defense sucked and he would have chucked up a bunch of horrible shots. He just looks so slow out there.

This is just silly. We will be missing woods a lot. We have 5-6 decent players on this team.

It's like the hot girl friend that just broke up with you but that's fine because she cracks her knuckles and you can do better anyway.

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread - No Back Problems For K This Year

This is just silly. We will be missing woods a lot. We have 5-6 decent players on this team.

It's like the hot girl friend that just broke up with you but that's fine because she cracks her knuckles and you can do better anyway.

Mostly agree. Except for the hot part. Let’s call her moderately attractive.

Or a butter face.

Do people still say that? I think it applies here.

Despite his shooting issues last night, Woods can hit shots and make free throws. He is a minus defender; does not rebound well, and despite last nights dimes, does not create offense for others. He would help this year given WF's depth issues and apparent lack of weapons from deep, but not sure how much a difference Woods would make in WF's final record (WF was not going to make an NCAA run with him), and by Keyshawn moving on, he created an opportunity for Wright and probably others (Wynn?) to get some extra minutes. Bottom line: Woods departure means limited short term pain or potential long term gain.

Nothing very interesting on the schedule tonight, though we do get our first look at Louisville (against Nicholls).

Also get another result from Notre Dame (against Chicago State), and my favorite WF miss, Nate Laszewski.

And the debut of Ayo (Illinois at home against Evansville)... No TV.

More games on Friday night... Including UNC-G @ #23 LSU.

Back