• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Wake up to #151 in KP after the Cornell victory.

And the home game against BC has now flipped to a projected win! One lonely W in a sea of Ls.

Things are looking up!

My level of apathy is such that I did not shell out $20 for the Pomeroy renewal.

Are we back to a loss?

Well you don’t need Kenpom to expect Wake to lose.

Rumors around here (very early and subject to change) are that Musselman, Earl Watson and Marshall are on UCLA's current short list. Not much on younger names or Pitino.

Rumors around here (very early and subject to change) are that Musselman, Earl Watson and Marshall are on UCLA's current short list. Not much on younger names or Pitino.

Musselman has been rumored to them for a while. I heard Watson last week, and I suppose they are one of the few schools with enough name and $ to go after Marshall. The Pitino rumor was leaked by someone saying Wasserman wanted him. Wasserman is basically their version of Mit Shah. When the few big money donors said they wanted Pitino the rumor was the UCLA higher ups said they did not want to take on his troubled past from Lousville. Old time fans of Wooden would probably flip their shit too if Pitino was hired. Lonzo Ball endorsed Watson for the job, so I expect if he is hired it will go terribly for UCLA.

And Bill Walton suggested they hire Obama. Bill's been smoking the good legal stuff.

Zion could be better, more explosive and just as strong if he lost about 25 pounds. Chuck played with his baby fat, but it was a different time.

If they don’t hire Musselman I don’t really know what they are doing. And if he doesn’t leave after his seniors are gone this year I don’t know what he’s thinking. Seems like a perfect fit that is almost too easy to screw up.

Interesting timing for this discussion considering Nevada lost by 27 to lowly New Mexico yesterday.

UT had 21,678 fans (another sellout) at their game yesterday. They've won 17 straight at home
Love him or hate him, Rick Barnes has done a great job changing Tennessee from a football school to a basketball school.

Don’t give Rick all the credit here. Football program has been helping toward this goal for a decade.

Interesting timing for this discussion considering Nevada lost by 27 to lowly New Mexico yesterday.

New Mexico has 2 top-100 players that transferred from Kansas and UCONN playing now. They will be able to make a couple upsets with their roster. It was a huge point differential though.

Don’t give Rick all the credit here. Football program has been helping toward this goal for a decade.

Don't I know it. Their football has been embarrassingly bad since Fuller was let go. I play golf with some rabid UT guys. They haven't been wearing as much orange on Saturdays as they used to.

Markus Howard is giving Zion a run for his money for most entertaining player to watch in CBB. Dropped 53 tonight, 10-for-14 from 3

Georgia Tech refused to win tonight. VT handed the game at least 4 times to my count, and the Jackets stepped out of bounds twice, missed point blank wide open layups and missed front end 1 and 1’s. Manning and [Redacted] would be proud.

Pittsburgh beats Louisville.

McGowens, who should still be in high school, had 33 points for the Panthers.

St Joseph’s loses by 26 to 5-10 St Bonnie

Something is going on with St. Joe's. Their key players (Lamarr Kimble, Charlie Brown, Taylor Funk and Jared Bynum) are all active. In their last three games, they lost to George Mason at home by 15 as 7.5 point favorite, lost to a terrible GW team by 14 at home as a double digit favorite, and last night, in a pick'em game lost 73-47 to a St. Bonnie team that had lost 5 in a row, and had not beaten a top 200 team all year. St. Joe was down 39-12 at half. The team is tanking. Hope its not gambling related, but this is more than a team in a slump.

Watched the end of the L'ville/Pitt game. One obvious change from last year was the intensity of the crowd at the Petersen Events Center. Last year, it seemed like Pitt played their home games in a library. This year, the crowd was into the game and was a factor.

Last edited:
Good news, guys. BC getting destroyed by UVA last night means we're now expected to beat them 75-74 in a few weeks! It's a 50/50 game!

Never mind that we'll be 7-11 (0-6) by then.

Back