• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
Probably tens of people care this early (and given the state of Wake), but the season tips off tonight. Duke - Kentucky is the premier game (I will be hate watching Duke / Zion all season), as well as Kansas - Michigan State.

Elsewhere in the ACC, Florida State taking on Florida in Tallahassee should be interesting. Wofford hosts UNC a year after Wofford upset the Tarheels in Chapel Hill.

As ATS posted somewhere yesterday, Ohio State plays Cincy tomorrow night at 6 ET on ESPN2 for anyone who wants to watch Keyshawn Woods in action.

A reminder that this time next year we'll be tipping off the season with ACC play.

Last edited:
I'll be watching UF/FSU tonight... Go Gators!

Pumped for OSU/Cincy tomorrow... I might even wager on the Bearcats because I am petty and small.

I'm not sure if I can stomach Duke/UK tonight. Those kinds of slurp-fests are tough to take when we're so irrelevant.

Last edited:
Chris Herren Jr. son of prep legend and focus of a great ESPN 30/30 piece will make his debut for BC tonight against UW-Milwaukee. Herren's dad played for BC too; Herren is not supposed to start, but is expected to be in the regular rotation off the bench. Looks like his Pops: https://bceagles.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=10436

Also, WF's first opponent NC A&T plays UNC-G, and their legendary coach Wes Miller tonight. An opportunity for an easy comparison that some here may jump on.

Some other WF related notes:

- Greg McClinton is expected to play for ODU tonight against Navy.
- Rondale Watson will play for Marshall tomorrow against EKU.
- Donovan Mitchell will sit out the season at Santa Clara; it appears that SJM is also sitting out the season at SJ State.

Also, WF's first opponent NC A&T plays UNC-G, and their legendary coach Wes Miller tonight. An opportunity for an easy comparison that some here may jump on.

- Donovan Mitchell will sit out the season at Santa Clara; it appears that SJM is also sitting out the season at SJ State.

Where is Richard Washington playing his first game?

https://www.tcceagles.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/bios/washington_richard_9cym

He's already played a few... He's tearing it up for Tallahassee Community College

Game 1 - 105-59 over Lawson State CC - Played 32 minutes and went for 23/10/5 with 3 steals and 1 TO
Game 2 - 94-85 (OT) over East Georgia State College - Played 41 minutes(!) - 16/13/3

Plays tonight against Daytona State College.

Just needed a chance. Was a 20 point a game player in waiting. You just don't know what you have til it's gone.

This seems like McClinton’s eighth year of eligibility.

What school is Daniel Green playing for this year?

And don't forget Ayo's debut for Illinois... 8pm on Thursday night against the Evansville Purple Aces. I think it's on the B1G network.

Romeo Langford looking good in his debut as a 1nDone for Indiana. UNC started slow tonight vs. Wofford. Just decided to turn to Kansas v. Michigan St. and it looks like Kansas is blowing them out.

Wofford tied with UNC. 10 mins left. God, I've missed college basketball.

What channel?

Back