• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Duke always starts way ahead of everyone else. K has his system in place and gets his players to pick it up fast, but they often go into a slow fade starting in February due to lack of depth, players thinking about the NBA, and growing tired of Mr. Monotone Relationships. Maybe this team will be like the 2015 team that won the title, but thinking (praying) that this team starts to show cracks as the season wears on like 7 of the last 8 Duke teams.

I have this hope, as well.

But they actually seem a little deeper this year w/ Bolden, DeLaurier, & O'Connell on the bench.

So, it's looks like based on one night, that after Alabama most likely dominating the 2018 college football, Duke will dominate 2018-18 college basketball. Shaping up to be a great year for all these "diehard" (bandwagon) Alabama football/Duke basketball fans.

Duke looked like the best college team in America last night. UNC struggled but I think Wofford is probably better than Wake Forest in basketball this year. UVA because of the way they play, will always be susceptible to an upset.

Kansas reminded me of Wake Forest in that they didn't know how to close a game, I guess that's where Danny gets it from. The difference is Kansas' roster is so stacked that the talent just rose above the terrible coaching to pull off a win. Duke and Kansas definitely made statements about the talent of their rosters last night. They will be like Alabama and Clemson are in football this year. I think Zion should be ineligible this year, but watching him play is so fun that I won't be super mad when the NCAA does nothing about it.

Always fun to make definitive conclusions about a 5 plus month season after day 1.

I will take the field over a KS/Duke final in April.

Always fun to make definitive conclusions about a 5 plus month season after day 1.

I will take the field over a KS/Duke final in April.

Anything can happen in March, but I would take Duke or Kansas' rosters over any team in America. The NBA will echo my feelings when 6 Duke/Kansas guys end up going in the top 15 picks.

I didn't watch much of the second half. He seemed quite active and unafraid in the first half.

I haven't changed my stance that Cal is, at best, a little better than average as a game coach. Not many players improve much playing for him.

He's much better than I used to give him credit for. He's the better coach until he gets to the final four or sometimes regional final. Guys like Calhoun, Bo Ryan, Huggins, K he struggles against. And he's taken a lot of players that looked overhyped as freshmen and gotten them into the NBA.

Duke looked like the best college team in America last night. UNC struggled but I think Wofford is probably better than Wake Forest in basketball this year. UVA because of the way they play, will always be susceptible to an upset.

The 2 things that can most easily kill the packline man are hot 3 point shooting like UMBC and stretch 4s like Dino. College hoops doesn't necessarily have a lot of either, which is why that D is usually a big asset for UVA. The shortened shot clock also helps UVA.

Duke might match-up with someone decent in Maui, but otherwise their OOC won't tell us anything more about them.

I don't generally pay too much attention to tags, and I'm sure I'm opening myself up to get skewered here, but in which post on this thread did I defend Manning?

Maryland's PF, Bruno Fernando, did what many expected Doral to do. That, put his name in the NBA draft, get evaluated, and after getting a "not first round" evaluation, returned to school.

Good game to watch in general. Woods still obviously a liability on the defensive end. I don't think any coach could turn him into a good defensive player.

He's much better than I used to give him credit for. He's the better coach until he gets to the final four or sometimes regional final. Guys like Calhoun, Bo Ryan, Huggins, K he struggles against. And he's taken a lot of players that looked overhyped as freshmen and gotten them into the NBA.

I'm sure Huggins has a coaching tree but if Manning gets the axe, we could do worse than finding one of his disciples. along those lines, it's interesting that Wake, UNCG (with Wes Miller), and UC-Irvine (with Russell Turner) are bunched together in KenPom rankings.

my hope for the season goes like this: duke goes undefeated, wins the championship, and k decides to retire on top. then about may/june next year the ncaa rules zion was ineligible and they have to vacate the whole year...and k is gone.

Back