• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

I know NC State is playing a weak team, but they do play defense.

They went the transfer route. Their guys are more Keyshawn Woods and less like TT.

They’ve got a mix.

Haven’t been watching them today, but I’m sure I’ll be sad we don’t have Wyatt Walker.

Upcoming opponent Charlotte beat Oklahoma State, which is a pretty massive upset if we're going off of way-too-early KP rankings. Charlotte was down 24 with 13 minutes left and came back.

Win probability chart:

DrrXCGoWwAE2WDN.jpg:large

Last edited:
If the CBS Sports app is correct, Boston College literally got 0 points off the bench in a 74-69 win over St Francis NY.

Georgia Tech, like Wake Forest, is playing @ Tennessee this season.

GT plays them tomorrow night... I'll probably tune in for a while to see how bad GT really is and how good Tennessee might be.

Charlotte beat Oklahoma State on Saturday. They lost their first game against a terrible Chattanooga team, but apparently we won't be able to sleepwalk through that game.

Devoe is still coming back from a toe injury, so we'll be even worse than expected.

Devoe played decent minutes against Lamar... But I'm sure he'll be eased into the rotation given the lack of practice time and because those injuries suck to recover from.

Good thing you guys have Brandon Alston looking all Simon Phoenix out there to help hold down the fort. Assuming he doesn't Murder Death Kill Edgar Friendly, of course.

DSK_6469.jpg

Charlotte beat Oklahoma State on Saturday. They lost their first game against a terrible Chattanooga team, but apparently we won't be able to sleepwalk through that game.

OK State lost 6 of their top 7 in minutes from last year. The Cowboys are going to be awful (at least to start the season). That said, the Charlotte win over OK State on Saturday was a shock as Charlotte lost everyone but Jon Davis (including Andrien White to WF) from a terrible team last year. I think Charlotte still is unbelievably bad, but we shall see.

Devoe played decent minutes against Lamar... But I'm sure he'll be eased into the rotation given the lack of practice time and because those injuries suck to recover from.

Good thing you guys have Brandon Alston looking all Simon Phoenix out there to help hold down the fort. Assuming he doesn't Murder Death Kill Edgar Friendly, of course.

DSK_6469.jpg

Alston's 'do' is looking amazing, that's maybe the best thing you can say about this team. We just have very little ACC talent. In theory the Alvarado/Devoe backcourt should be pretty good ... but Devoe had that toe injury and missed a ton of time. The rest of the roster is ... man, it's a lot of guys who should not be on the court for an ACC team. We're going to get killed in a lot of games this year.

Alston's 'do' is looking amazing, that's maybe the best thing you can say about this team. We just have very little ACC talent. In theory the Alvarado/Devoe backcourt should be pretty good ... but Devoe had that toe injury and missed a ton of time. The rest of the roster is ... man, it's a lot of guys who should not be on the court for an ACC team. We're going to get killed in a lot of games this year.

Maybe we could combine our teams... close enough jersey colors... and put out a hybrid squad that has a chance at being competitive.

Maybe we could combine our teams... close enough jersey colors... and put out a hybrid squad that has a chance at being competitive.

What would even be that starting 5?

Alvarado
Devoe
Childress
Hoard
Sarr

Go with 3 guards? I mean, I'm not sure there's more than 1 NBA player there (Hoard, obviously) and would that team even finish top half of the ACC? What the hell has happened to our programs?

No it doesn't look amazing. He looks like a black Pete Davidson.

Back