• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

Texas fans don't care about basketball. I have to think Shaka eventually ends up at a basketball school.

Texas fans don't care about basketball. I have to think Shaka eventually ends up at a basketball school.

If only Wellman had offered Maya Smart a professorship!!!! Imagine where we'd be now!!!!??!!

anyone notice how zion was throwing balls off the backboard for barrett to dunk last night with three minutes left in the game and dook up 30. this is the same coach that chastised an oregon player a couple of years ago for showboating at the end of a game in which dook lost.

Notice how Zion and Barrett were still in the game.

anyone notice how zion was throwing balls off the backboard for barrett to dunk last night with three minutes left in the game and dook up 30. this is the same coach that chastised an oregon player a couple of years ago for showboating at the end of a game in which dook lost.

you're reacting incorrectly to this*

*source

Isn't it ironic that Stephen A. says (quite properly) that being in charge of USA Basketball gives Coach K an unfair advantage when The Worldwide Leader is showing something about Zion every other hour?

Stephen A’s job is to stir the pot and get ratings, not espouse unassailable truths.

It is his employer’s mission as well.

Stephen A’s job is to stir the pot and get ratings, not espouse unassailable truths.

It is his employer’s mission as well.

So let's see him really stir the pot and call out the network for its shameless promotion of DOOK. If he has done it, I must have missed it.

I would love that. Amazing what K gets away with.

He played a little in the first half. Missed an open jumper. He’s pretty soft.

Tennessee just beat #1 Gonzaga. They are going to beat us so bad!

With Gonzaga's loss, NCAA BB is down to 9 unbeatens (KP Rank):

- KS #2
- UVA #3
- MICHIGAN #4
- NEVADA #5
- TX TECH #12
- BUFFALO #34
- HOUSTON #36
- ST. JOHN's #53
- FURMAN # 114

Of that group, the only one with a competitive game this week is Kansas who hosts Villanova on Saturday. Very few games this week because of exams. BTW, Michigan won't go undefeated, but they will likely stay unbeaten until late January. 6 of their next 7 are at home, and the one road game is at Illinois.

With Gonzaga's loss, NCAA BB is down to 9 unbeatens (KP Rank):

- KS #2
- UVA #3
- MICHIGAN #4
- NEVADA #5
- TX TECH #12
- BUFFALO #34
- HOUSTON #36
- ST. JOHN's #53
- FURMAN # 114

Furman is still above Houston and St. John's in the AP Top 25. Buffalo is all the way up at #14.

In Wake news, Tenessee is all the way up to #3 and receiving one #1 vote in the AP.

Which is the more impressive coaching job - Barnes/Tennessee or Pearl/Auburn?

Which is the more impressive coaching job - Barnes/Tennessee or Pearl/Auburn?

Both are good, but I'd go with Pearl..........since he's done it at a football school.
UT isn't a football school anymore.

Back