• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wonder if Tabari Hines....

Doesn’t Kenny Moore hold the ACC record for single season receptions?

Doesn’t Kenny Moore hold the ACC record for single season receptions?

Yeah, how could we not mention Kenny Moore? His effort at Running Back due to injuries vs. Maryland to clinch the spot in the ACC title game was huge, in addition to him being a great receiver.

Good luck to him. Good use of the 4 game rule.

Anyone aware of other players with more than one post-grad "transfer"? Same rules for the second transfer as the first?

Anyone aware of other players with more than one post-grad "transfer"? Same rules for the second transfer as the first?

this is the first year an athlete can play in four games, not get hurt, and claim a redshirt, so this is new territory

Hines never took a redshirt year, graduated in 3½ years to be eligible to now claim this redshirt year

one of our new hoops players could transfer after this season and play somewhere else next year under slightly different circumstances

I wonder if he will try to go to another "name" program and risk not getting playing time again (if a team like that would even have him) or go to a non-P5 or even FCS team to give him the best chance to actually play.

Leave it to Wake fans to hate on a guy who gave us three good years, stepped up big time after Dortch’s injury and graduated early.

Oregon was a reasonable choice. Top tier QB. Pretty the leading returning slot WR had barely played. He took a shot and it didn’t work out. Hardly the first Wake grad to do so.

That dude is getting undergrad from a great school and two years of graduate school courses out of football. Good on him.

That's great that he's graduating.

As others note, he's going to have to learn a new system quickly. That's too bad, and it might significantly affect his on-field production, especially if he doesn't join a dynamic offense. Seems like a risky and unwise move, if he has pro football aspirations.

My thoughts haven’t changed since he announced his plans to transfer back in the spring.

Leave it to Wake fans to hate on a guy who gave us three good years, stepped up big time after Dortch’s injury and graduated early.

Oregon was a reasonable choice. Top tier QB. Pretty the leading returning slot WR had barely played. He took a shot and it didn’t work out. Hardly the first Wake grad to do so.

Devon Brown can suck a fat one too...

this is the first year an athlete can play in four games, not get hurt, and claim a redshirt, so this is new territory

Hines never took a redshirt year, graduated in 3½ years to be eligible to now claim this redshirt year

one of our new hoops players could transfer after this season and play somewhere else next year under slightly different circumstances

I don't think the new redshirt rule really matters for my question. You still have five total years (unless med waver) and you don't need to redshirt for graduate transfers.
If you start at school A and then grad transfer to school B, does school C have to have a degree school B does not have for your second transfer? Does it matter if school A has it? I assume the restrictions are only based on the school from which you are immediately transferring.

Back