• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wonder if Tabari Hines....

Admittedly, I know little about Oregon’s team this year but I am surprised Hines didn’t get more run. He was a very capable player for Wake and I thought he’d get a lot of touches in a pass crazy offense.

I don't think the new redshirt rule really matters for my question. You still have five total years (unless med waver) and you don't need to redshirt for graduate transfers.
If you start at school A and then grad transfer to school B, does school C have to have a degree school B does not have for your second transfer? Does it matter if school A has it? I assume the restrictions are only based on the school from which you are immediately transferring.

I don't think the "school has to offer a degree your previous school does not" restriction still applies, or if it does, it is extremely easily manipulated - there are so many transfers every year that I find it hard to believe that it exists, unless a word is being manipulated on the grad degree for an amazing level of specificity and the NCAA is just rubber-stamping everything because they don't want a lawsuit

If the new redshirt rule was not in existence, Hines would be done right now, because he played this year for his 4th year of competition (in 4 years), and he's not hurt

Admittedly, I know little about Oregon’s team this year but I am surprised Hines didn’t get more run. He was a very capable player for Wake and I thought he’d get a lot of touches in a pass crazy offense.

The article made it seem like he was injured.

If Hines is eligible at WFU, I would take him back in a heartbeat, and if Dortch comes back I would have both on the field together as much as possible.

wfufan22 is going to have an aneurysm if Donovan Green doesn't start as a freshman.

If Hines is eligible at WFU, I would take him back in a heartbeat, and if Dortch comes back I would have both on the field together as much as possible.

Don't think I would. He could have stayed at Wake and by continuing to play well, forced the coaches to play him with Dortch, not just as a backup. Instead, he chose to look for an easier place to get playing time.

Hines and Dortch on opposite sides would be a nightmare for opposing defenses. Who would you double cover? The other would go for 150 yards against most defenses.

Last edited:
I never understood why they refused to give Hines any run on the outside. Nothing against those guys, but he'd have been a significant upgrade over Washington or Bachman, despite his size. For some reason our staff likes to lock WRs in at one position in the offense. Moving receivers in the formations around also puts more pressure on the defense.

Don't need him back. Assuming Greg comes back having him with Nolan in the slot, and Sage and Greene outside we will be fine. Not that Hines isn't good, he his, but WR is not a position of need. We've got 2 of the best WR prospects Wake has ever had coming here.

Given that nobody other than Dortch has caught the ball much this year, he was probably fucked either way.

Bachman and Surratt have been pretty reliable as well. Washington has made some good catches but also has some bad drops.

I have always said that I want kids who WANT to be at Wake. Tabari did not want to stay and help the team. He is a "me first" kinda guy and hope he enjoys the west coast

Isn't he from SC? I wouldn't be surprised to see him play in his home state. Coastal or CofC. The Wake fan in me says that he will go to Clemson to fill Renfroe's spot and have 10 catches for 3 tds against Wake next year.

Isn't he from SC? I wouldn't be surprised to see him play in his home state. Coastal or CofC. The Wake fan in me says that he will go to Clemson to fill Renfroe's spot and have 10 catches for 3 tds against Wake next year.

raw

Last edited:
Don't need him back. Assuming Greg comes back having him with Nolan in the slot, and Sage and Greene outside we will be fine. Not that Hines isn't good, he his, but WR is not a position of need. We've got 2 of the best WR prospects Wake has ever had coming here.

That is a big assumption, IMO.

Dortch reminds me of James Washington. Undersized slippery receiver who can put up insane numbers. Washington, had he come out after 3 years, he was only projected to be in the 5th or 6th rd. But he came back, added weight and had another insane season and ended up being picked in the second round. It’s unfair but often times these smaller guys have to prove themselves so much more than taller ones. Washington was also 6’0 where Dortch is 5’8 or 5’9. That being said, I think Dortch will hear something similar this year and will be back next year to prove he belongs in the 1st/2nd rd conversation. But then again...no one here thought Bates would be a 2nd pick so who really knows

Dortch doesn't strike me as the type of kid to leave the program after 1.5 years of playing unless he's a high round pick. I haven't seen any site that has him in the top 3 or 4 rounds.

Back