• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wonder if Tabari Hines....

saltydeac

Reaction score
wishes he would have stayed @ WF??? A total of 3 catches for 30+ yards and one TD and no play the last 4-5 weeks. Granted he will enjoy a bowl game, but he doesn't strike me as a team player enjoying just purely the fruits of a team success.

With Scotty Washington's injury and inconsistency along with Sage and Bachman's lack of real impact outside the first 2 games you wonder if Tabari couldn't have really made a diff for the Deacs O as we would have been much more dangerous with him and Dortch while rotating Bachman and Sage. He had a lot of big games for the Deac and surely we could have figured out how to have both Dortch and Tabari on the field for most snaps. Oh well....

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

wishes he would have stayed @ WF??? A total of 3 catches for 30+ yards and one TD and no play the last 4-5 weeks. Granted he will enjoy a bowl game, but he doesn't strike me as a team player enjoying just purely the fruits of a team success.

With Scotty Washington's injury and inconsistency along with Sage and Bachman's lack of real impact outside the first 2 games you wonder if Tabari couldn't have really made a diff for the Deacs O as we would have been much more dangerous with him and Dortch while rotating Bachman and Sage. He had a lot of big games for the Deac and surely we could have figured out how to have both Dortch and Tabari on the field for most snaps. Oh well....

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

It's a shame how where ever he goes, the coaching staff holds him back. He'd be in the Heisman conversation if he just got a chance.

Don't know how the coaching staff couldn't have made it work with both Hines and Dortch on the field at the same time.

I seem to remember there being discussions from the coaching staff of 4 WR sets with Hines, Scotty, Dortch and Bachman. That could have been explosive.

Tabari your're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the hotels, I don't want you near my house.

Given that nobody other than Dortch has caught the ball much this year, he was probably fucked either way.

Given that nobody other than Dortch has caught the ball much this year, he was probably fucked either way.

I don't think we throw to Dortch enough. We barely used him in the 1st half Saturday; but in the 2nd half we went to him more and he made some truly remarkable catches. Dortch is a once in 25+ year talent for Wake. We need to get him the ball as much as possible.

I don't think we throw to Dortch enough. We barely used him in the 1st half Saturday; but in the 2nd half we went to him more and he made some truly remarkable catches. Dortch is a once in 25+ year talent for Wake. We need to get him the ball as much as possible.

This. Campanaro is the only player I can recall being close to Dorch’s talent level in my 50 years of attending WF games. Proehl was great but not as athletic. I’m sure I have forgotten some really talented receivers but those three stand out to me.

Camp And Dortch not the biggest guys in the world. Camp has/had leg issues. I’d like to think Greg will stay one more year. Needs to stay healthy and we need to find other options/help on punt and kick return.

I think it will be a tough sell for Dortch to stay another season

This. Campanaro is the only player I can recall being close to Dorch’s talent level in my 50 years of attending WF games. Proehl was great but not as athletic. I’m sure I have forgotten some really talented receivers but those three stand out to me.

James Brim was awfully good back in the day.

Desmond Clark is in the conversation.

Absolutely. Desmond wasn’t a game break type receiver, in fact was pretty slow, but was big and had really good hands. Played tight end in the NFL. Another name from the past, Todd Dixon.

Despite tarnishing his image in Nashville, Chris Givens was the explosive playmaker and the player most responsible for getting us there.

Back