• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sessions resigns

All these depends on Whitaker following the law and someone making sure he follows it. That’s a big assumption.

I have no hope he will recuse. A former president formally asked the SoS of GA to recuse and he didn’t. No way Whitaker does with the stakes as high as they are.

I have no hope he will recuse. A former president formally asked the SoS of GA to recuse and he didn’t. No way Whitaker does with the stakes as high as they are.

Yeah I am not holding my breath waiting for a recusal. The more I dig around, the more it appears pretty clear this guy is a partisan hack and has been installed to do one thing...protect Trump. He wasn’t even #2 in line behind Sessions.

This Whitaker dude seems like someone poised to go down in history as a clownish henchman.

Like Bork? That dude is a Republican hero. They tried to make him a Supreme Court Justice.

Nah. I think Bork was a much more capable and competent person and attorney.

And he didn’t get his coveted seat on the SC, even if he’s beloved or lionized by some.

And Bork is not a hero to the right for his role in the Saturday night massacre.

———

Trump moving (even) more into abuse of power, obstruction of justice, and corruption territory.

Gonna be a real sad circus for a while. And ignorant tribalism probably going to swell exponentially.

:mad:

If his role in the Saturday Night Massacre was an issue for Republicans, he wouldn’t have been nominated to the Supreme Court.

This is the definition of obstruction of justice.

There is a five year statute of limitations of on obstruction is five years. Trump could still be prosecuted after he loses in 2020.

Remember when all summer Republicans said a bill protecting Mueller wasn't necessary...oops.

Remember when all summer Republicans said a bill protecting Mueller wasn't necessary...oops.

They are in on it. They probably knew this was the plan all along.

They are in on it. They probably knew this was the plan all along.

This.

I am beyond disgusted with my former party. Looking back, I can’t believe i actually thought that the GOP would put aside partisan politics and take this attack on our democracy seriously. It should have been crystal clear when the reports came out that Mitch McConnell did everything possible to keep Russian interference quiet in the lead up to the 2016 election.

Fuck you Mitch von Hindenburg.

Whitaker is a fucking hack.

Apparently DAG Rosenstein's attorney was spotted at the federal courthouse in DC. Wonder if he's there to file an injunction against this (likely) illegal appointment?

Back