Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sessions resigns

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    All these depends on Whitaker following the law and someone making sure he follows it. Thatís a big assumption.
    I have no hope he will recuse. A former president formally asked the SoS of GA to recuse and he didnít. No way Whitaker does with the stakes as high as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    A perfect 10.

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    I have no hope he will recuse. A former president formally asked the SoS of GA to recuse and he didnít. No way Whitaker does with the stakes as high as they are.
    Yeah I am not holding my breath waiting for a recusal. The more I dig around, the more it appears pretty clear this guy is a partisan hack and has been installed to do one thing...protect Trump. He wasnít even #2 in line behind Sessions.

Jeff Sessionsís Firing, Matthew Whitakerís Rise and the Attorney Generalís Role In the Mueller Investigation

https://www.lawfareblog.com/jeff-ses...-investigation

THE quintessential dwarf palmab03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newenglanddeac View Post
    Lol. 2 years of hope, gone.
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    This Whitaker dude seems like someone poised to go down in history as a clownish henchman.
    Like Bork? That dude is a Republican hero. They tried to make him a Supreme Court Justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    Nah. I think Bork was a much more capable and competent person and attorney.

And he didnít get his coveted seat on the SC, even if heís beloved or lionized by some.

And Bork is not a hero to the right for his role in the Saturday night massacre.

óóó

Trump moving (even) more into abuse of power, obstruction of justice, and corruption territory.

Gonna be a real sad circus for a while. And ignorant tribalism probably going to swell exponentially.

Just...vote for the Democrat.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    If his role in the Saturday Night Massacre was an issue for Republicans, he wouldnít have been nominated to the Supreme Court.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    This is the definition of obstruction of justice.

There is a five year statute of limitations of on obstruction is five years. Trump could still be prosecuted after he loses in 2020.

Remember when all summer Republicans said a bill protecting Mueller wasn't necessary...oops.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbelt Deac View Post
    Remember when all summer Republicans said a bill protecting Mueller wasn't necessary...oops.
    They are in on it. They probably knew this was the plan all along.

I agree (should have added the /s tag), but a weapon against authoritarianism is a good memory.

This.

I am beyond disgusted with my former party. Looking back, I canít believe i actually thought that the GOP would put aside partisan politics and take this attack on our democracy seriously. It should have been crystal clear when the reports came out that Mitch McConnell did everything possible to keep Russian interference quiet in the lead up to the 2016 election.

Fuck you Mitch von Hindenburg.

Whitaker is a fucking hack.

Apparently DAG Rosenstein's attorney was spotted at the federal courthouse in DC. Wonder if he's there to file an injunction against this (likely) illegal appointment?

More on Whitaker. Using his office to falsely accuse Democrats of using their office for personal gain

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ch-hunt-222408