• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sessions resigns

Barr worked on the Bush 41 disgraceful pardoning of the Iran Contra crew before they could rat out 41 and others. He has also said it would be logical to re-investigate Uranium One in spite of absolutely definitive proof that Hillary had nothing to do with it.

That being said, he'll sail through the Senate.

Heard an interesting bit on POTUS radio surmising that the investigation that is redacted from the last Cohen docs deals with Jeff Sessions and his answers concerning Russia during his confirmation.

Barr worked on the Bush 41 disgraceful pardoning of the Iran Contra crew before they could rat out 41 and others. He has also said it would be logical to re-investigate Uranium One in spite of absolutely definitive proof that Hillary had nothing to do with it.

That being said, he'll sail through the Senate.

I can't see the Democrats being able to stop him, but they should put up as big a fight as they did on Kavanaugh. The Iran Contra pardons should be a major focus in the confirmation hearing.

LOL. Talk about a fall from grace. Sessions lost to Tuberville.

But Trump touched Sessions first.

hard to feel sorry for Sessions- he knowingly got in bed with a ho' and shouldn't be surprised that he ended up with the clap.

Despite moving to the depths of COVID hell, I am so glad I no longer live in Alabama. What a fucking shit hole.

I was looking for the margin (61-39 holy shit) and found this gem from National Review. Do the GOP elites just not watch sports?

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/jeff-sessions-loses-senate-primary-runoff-to-tommy-tuberville/

“Sessions decided to attempt a return to the Senate, but on Tuesday lost the primary runoff against former Alabama State University football coach Tommy Tuberville. Sessions received 39.3 percent of the vote, while Tuberville won 60.7 percent.”

What happened here is pretty amazing. You’ve got a guy who has been a state or federal attorney or AG and four-time elected US senator. He won five statewide races and never faced real opposition. He didn’t even face a Dem challenger in 2014. He’s a staunch conservative who was office from 1981 until he resigned right after the 2018 midterms.

He was defeated by an overwhelming margin by a former football coach from a state university who got fired midseason 12 years ago. All because Sessions didn’t help Trump do the crimes like Barr is.

i'm not surprised that, in a referendum on Trump between a bunch of Alabama Republicans, trump would do okay. The fact that only 60% of them voted for the trump backed candidate is actually surprisingly reassuring to me, considering that we keep reading how 80% of republicans think he's doing a great job.

There’s a very slim chance Doug Jones could pull off an upset based on a few factors.

—Republican senators don’t do as well as Trump
—High likelihood some dirt comes out about Tuberville
—Lack of enthusiasm to cast a meaningless red state vote for Trump in an election he’s unlikely to win
—National Blue Wave
—Lincoln Project could get involved. Tuberville doesn’t seem like their type.

It’s highly unlikely but the conditions are there for the impossible to happen.

are Bama fans enthused to vote for Tubbs?

One problem for Jones is that Lee County, where Auburn is, came out in a big way for Jones in 2017. That county flipped from 65-35 Trump to 57-40 Jones. That will not happen this time around. Tubbs, could easily pick up 15K votes in that county alone and Jones only won by 21k votes. Unless we find out the Tubbs is a child molester I think this is an easy GOP win.

Old, but still funny.

https://politics.theonion.com/inconsolable-jeff-sessions-tries-to-commit-suicide-by-s-1826462420

Inconsolable Jeff Sessions Tries To Commit Suicide By Smoking Joint

WASHINGTON—Following months of bruising criticism from Democrats and President Trump alike, an inconsolable Jeff Sessions was reportedly trying to commit suicide Thursday by smoking a joint. “I swore I’d never take the coward’s way out, but what choice do I have?” said a teary-eyed Sessions, carefully laying a sealed envelope containing his farewell note on a tool bench in his garage as he raised a lighter to the marijuana cigarette with trembling hands. “This is it. I’ve taken four puffs to make sure there’s no chance of survival. It should only be a matter of minutes now. Oh, what a wretched, ignominious ending. Goodbye, cruel world, I’m sorry I’ve failed you so.” At press time, Sessions reportedly realized he had died after being overcome by a euphoric, floating feeling.

There’s a very slim chance Doug Jones could pull off an upset based on a few factors.

—Republican senators don’t do as well as Trump
—High likelihood some dirt comes out about Tuberville
—Lack of enthusiasm to cast a meaningless red state vote for Trump in an election he’s unlikely to win
—National Blue Wave
—Lincoln Project could get involved. Tuberville doesn’t seem like their type.

It’s highly unlikely but the conditions are there for the impossible to happen.

Look, I like and respect Jones. That said, he's every bit as alpo as McGrath is. This is AL we're talking about. If evidence that he personally paid players and abetted an academic scandal arises, that will only help him in the polls. I say let Jones be AG if Harris doesn't want it or is veep.

Back