• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jaylen Hoard - He Gone

We also haven’t seen any kind of Twitter or Instagram announcement from Hoard like we’ve seen from every other early entrant.

Yes, we know Hoard is testing the waters because Manning has said so... But he’s not showing up on these early entrant lists yet because he hasn’t made that announcement.

Again, I think he’s leaving. The most telling thing for me is the scholarship situation.

We also haven’t seen any kind of Twitter or Instagram announcement from Hoard like we’ve seen from every other early entrant.

Yes, we know Hoard is testing the waters because Manning has said so... But he’s not showing up on these early entrant lists yet because he hasn’t made that announcement.

Again, I think he’s leaving. The most telling thing for me is the scholarship situation.

Yes, we have. He's gone folks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwe7qBTlHwR/

When does one and done end? What a ridiculous rule that has really hurt college basketball.

When does one and done end? What a ridiculous rule that has really hurt college basketball.

It’s probably going to end soon. But it’s not going to stop players from leaving after one year.

giphy.gif

7-24. Give it to me. Fuck you forever, Ron.

No one comes back to lose 20 games and get coached by an incompetent person.

The real surprise is that anyone worth a damn comes to Wake in the first place.

Good move, Ron.

Jaylen Hoard NBA Draft Watch

Well we have no chance at making the bubble now.

We had no chance even if Hoard had stayed.

We have no chance with Manning.

Good luck to the kid. Now he’ll have an opportunity to improve his game while getting paid. He probably won’t do anything in the NBA but he’ll make a nice living overseas.

Beats the hell out of crappy noon games in Blacksburg it Clemson with no chance to win. Or losing to Houston Baptist.

Last edited:
Still not convinced it's the right move for him at this point despite our dumpster fire of a program, but go get 'em, Jaylen.

Really tough luck for Manning. Hard to blame the coach if we miss the postseason again next year.

DR, meet JamesSokolove.

Hoard will find his way into the league and have a nice career. It's not that bold of a prediction. His talents were wasted by a crap coach.

It’s probably going to end soon. But it’s not going to stop players from leaving after one year.
I thought Coach K. Was ranting recently about how NCAA basketball wasn't prepared for the change. I thought it was being changed to something similar to college baseball where they could go pro after high school but if they went to college they had to stay 3 years.

Jaylen Hoard NBA Draft Watch

This is a disaster for Jaylen. How will he ever improve his footwork in the post?

Last edited:
I thought Coach K. Was ranting recently about how NCAA basketball wasn't prepared for the change. I thought it was being changed to something similar to college baseball where they could go pro after high school but if they went to college they had to stay 3 years.

No. That would never happen. The NBA doesn't have the capacity or desire to bring in so many players. There are 27 G-League teams compared to hundreds of minor league baseball teams. And the NCAA doesn't want to turn college basketball into college baseball.

Getting rid of one and done would just go back to the rules in place in the 90s and early 00s when players like KG, Kobe, and Lebron entered.

Once the NBA and the NBAPA figure out how to end the one and done situation, and let players go to the NBA (or else where) right out of college, then the NCAA will have figure out how to manage eligibility for rules for guys who want to explore the NBA option directly after HS.

If a kid declares for the NBA draft after HS, then gets evaluated and is told by NBA people to go to school, you're not even ready for G-League, what dates for determinations and declarations need to be in place? This is probably most important for kids in the ~30 - 100 range or so. Dates and timing for evaluation periods, declaring and withdrawing from the NBA process to go to college will be important. Will the dates be player friendly or coach/team friendly.

Kids could find themselves with reduced scholarship opportunities, as coaches fill their slots or coaches could end up with holes in their rosters if they hold schollies for kids who never show up on campus.

The top ranked HS players who want to go pro should be out of the college recruiting pool as early as practical. If you are eighteen, out of HS, want to play pro ball and the NBA/G-League is willing to pay you, go and best of luck to you. You won't be using a basketball scholarship to pay for college.

One thing that the NBA could do for those players it identifies under one of the proposed new systems is an NBA funded scholarship program. If you accept the NBA early entry, as part of the package you get a scholarship to attend college later, assuming your NBA earnings don't reach a certain level. (probably in the millions) You couldn't play basketball for the college team subject to NCAA rules, but would be able to get your education paid for. (Lookout intramural teams!)

Back