• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jaylen Hoard - He Gone

Manning really is a victim of his own success. He just can't catch a break having players leave to play in the pros so quickly.

Last edited:
I’m sure Hoard will be fine, but I still worry about his lack of an elite skill. He gets by mostly on raw talent. Seems like a poor man’s AFA to me. That’s not really a put-down... I just doubt he’ll get to the level of Collins or Teague in the NBA.

Maybe he gets stronger and it all clicks. We’ll see, I guess.

:cam: just a fan who used to enjoy Wake Basketball and who dislikes what one and done is doing to college basketball.
Lol. This isn't an issue with one and done. This is a issue of a toxic program created by people in charge who talk fondly about "the good old days"...and then try to force it upon the now. If we didn't have a program so focused on some outdated idea of culture, Hoard would be more likely to be back next year. In an effort to create Wellman's old guy utopia, we've become all that he hates.

poor, lowf just can't get a break

when you recruit a player who says he's going to leave after one year, and then he leaves after one year, that's not a tough break; you got what you were told you were going to get

when you recruit a player who says he's going to leave after one year, and then he leaves after one year, that's not a tough break; you got what you were told you were going to get

Why do i feel like danny over promised and under delivered?

This. Exactly this.

#TwiddlingOurThumbsTilNextMarch should be the next slogan.

What a complete waste of time the next year will be.

Agree.

I’m not mad about Hoard leaving after a year. He said he would.

I’m not mad at Manning for recruiting him. Of course you recruit the best players you can get.

What I’m pissed off about is twofold... Manning couldn’t do anything with him for that one season AND now he and Wellman will hide behind the bullshit excuse of players leaving earlier than expected.

90%+ of scoring and rebounding returning espoused as a reason to keep Manning around? Go fuck yourselves with that disingenuous bullshit.

Excited for another year of 4 guard lineups!

It's nothing we don't already know, but holy shit is this damning. With Crawford and Moore, you could at least make the argument that they wanted an additional year of being paid. But Hoard supposedly had first round upside, and if the environment here was worth a damn thing he'd have a lot to gain from staying. Of all the people who left early, this is the one person who we cannot legitimately say "his success is our success".

Maybe this can be cause for firing Manning on May 2, since one of the reasons for not firing him is "this team likes to play together".

Lol. This isn't an issue with one and done. This is a issue of a toxic program created by people in charge who talk fondly about "the good old days"...and then try to force it upon the now. If we didn't have a program so focused on some outdated idea of culture, Hoard would be more likely to be back next year. In an effort to create Wellman's old guy utopia, we've become all that he hates.

Since when does one and done + Hoard=culture..?

Actually we didn't get what all the scouts, and star ratings promised.

I generally don't defend Manning but you can't do much if the kid ignores the explicit evaluation feedback they are given. I'm really surprised the sentiment is at least 50/50 on this being a good call. Hoard is now going to have to develop a special skill under fire against players much older and better than him. I'd suspect he will never play in an NBA game.

Back