• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jaylen Hoard - He Gone

Hoard doing okay at the combine. His measurables are just okay, including vertical and agility numbers, but in his first two scrimmages, he has been productive. 17 pts and 10 boards in 40 minutes across 2 games. 6-17 from the field though

Last edited:
Howard doing okay at the combine. His measurables are just okay, including vertical and agility numbers, but in his first two scrimmages, he has been productive. 17 pts and 10 boards in 40 minutes across 2 games. 6-17 from the field though

Do you mean Hoard?

More bad news for Hoard's draft prospects - Oshae Brissett from Cuse is keeping his name in the draft. He'll definitely be strongly considered by a lot of the teams looking at Hoard. I was hoping that it would have been Oshae that announced he was staying in first, giving Hoard all the more reason to come back. Ah well.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...7/syracuse-forward-brissett-leaving-nba-draft

What am I missing? Two years older. Shoots under 40% from the field.

Hoard is better than this dude.

Who from the ACC isn’t leaving this offseason? Man this conference is gonna blow. Manning slipping into 8-12 somehow with ~$10M on his contract is my worst nightmare.

Who from the ACC isn’t leaving this offseason? Man this conference is gonna blow. Manning slipping into 8-12 somehow with ~$10M on his contract is my worst nightmare.

You mean we could be a bubble team ?

We'll still find a way to finish last in the ACC even with every other team losing a huge chunk of their players. We lost one of our best and replaced him with no one.

We'll still find a way to finish last in the ACC even with every other team losing a huge chunk of their players. We lost one of our best and replaced him with no one.

Young at VT has gone 3 out of 4 in getting or keeping key players - Jalen Cone committed and Bede and Nolley withdrew from the transfer portal. Keeping Blackshear on board is likely not going to happen. Alexander-Walker was gone even if Buzz had stayed.

If I was to guess at the bottom third for next year right now it would be (in alphabetical order)

BC - loses Chatman and Bowman, still waiting to see if Popovic removes his name from the draft.

Clemson - Loses 4 of its top 5 players. Really weak up front with Jemison only playing 72 min last season and transfer Baehre from UNC-A tearing his ACL this week. Only one starter and 3 of their 8 rotation players return.

Pitt - returns the 3 good FR, but lose Wilson-Frame who was their second best player and far and away best 3-pt shooter (made almost 50% of their threes). Have failed to land any big man prospects and backup big Chukwuka has a serious hip injury where he will not be available for alot of the season. Like Clemson very weak upfront. I think they will be better than last season, but that might mean 5-6 ACC wins.

VT - lost most of their players. Even keeping Bede and Nolley this team is about 3-4 players short of having an ACC level roster. Right now Nolley - who is a wing that doesn't like to play inside is the tallest player on the roster at 6'7 and their likely starting 5 would be 6'5. Very little experience at all.

Wake - Losing Hoard was a tough blow. Another team that is suspect inside. I could see this squad ending up anywhere from 15th to 11th.

Markell Johnson coming back to NCSU.

If Thomas was still running the show with the Knicks, he'd have 1st round potential.

Sixers working him out tomorrow, though I don't really see the fit. Leaning towards him going undrafted.

Back