• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jaylen Hoard - He Gone

It's gonna be weird having a deac in the NBA that I've never seen play before he gets to the NBA

The Wake Forest version of the Markelle Fultz show.

I have no idea who this guy is, but...

https://www.ridiculousupside.com/20...ba-mock-draft-zion-williamson-rj-barrett-duke

"10.) San Antonio Spurs
Jaylen Hoard | F | Wake Forest | Class: Fr. | HT: 6’8” | WT: 210

The Spurs re-stock their talent pool by landing a multi-dimensional forward. Hoard has the finesse of a traditional euro-style big man, and the instincts to rebound at a high rate. He might not be elite at any one thing, but it is tough to find a hole in his game."

https://www.ridiculousupside.com/20...ba-mock-draft-zion-williamson-rj-barrett-duke

"10.) San Antonio Spurs

The Spurs re-stock their talent pool by landing a multi-dimensional forward. Hoard has the finesse of a traditional euro-style big man, and the instincts to rebound at a high rate. He might not be elite at any one thing, but it is tough to find a hole in his game."

Manning is trying to hide him by refusing to give him the ball down the stretch.

I hope my team drafts him but I hope it’s not in the lottery.

Here's another no name mock draft:

https://fadeawayworld.net/2018/11/1...nd-cavaliers-could-get-the-next-lebron-james/

11. Jaylen Hoard – New Orleans Pelicans

The New Orleans Pelicans desperately crave some scoring off the bench and Jaylen Hoard is likely going to be quite helpful in that regard, as he’s a great finisher with both hands and a solid scorer.

Hoard thrives off his athleticism and is great in transition, something that will definitely fit very well next to players like Julius Randle and Anthony Davis and the fast-paced offense Alvin Gentry loves so much.

"The Road to San Antonio." Almost as exciting as "The Road to Minneapolis." :rolleyes:

When is Hoard's next NBA tryout day at the Joel? I bet the fans can't wait! Remember, this is the last year you can see Hoard play in a Wake uniform!

One and Dones......Be gone from College basketball. It won't make much of a difference but I won't attend games where one and dones play.

So, if your son/grandson got a $10,000,000/ five year contract from his dream job after his frosh year in computer science or biology, you'd oppose him taking the job?

Nothing like sitting in the stands during an NBA tryout at the Joel and dreaming about how well Hoard will fit in with the Pelicans, Spurs or some other random NBA team. If that doesn't motivate the fans to fill the Joel this season, I don't know what will.

Wow Bob... your frustration is being directed at the wrong direction. Being pissed that the program is beyond awful is understandable, but certainly not the fault of a kid who opted to stay locally to play for a program that has been nothing but awful since he was in 3rd grade.
The kid is legit & the nba drafting off potential is not new news. I’d suggest directing your anger at the multi-millionaires who opt to watch the fire burn as opposed to attempting to put it out.

So, if your son/grandson got a $10,000,000/ five year contract from his dream job after his frosh year in computer science or biology, you'd oppose him taking the job?

Sorry, no comparison....Bball isn't computer science nor biology. Nor should basketball players receive 10 million dollar contracts. In fact why bother going to college at all. I used to enjoy college ball but with "one and dones" and this fake excitement around some mock draft it makes it less interesting. I didn't go to the Joel for many years to watch future nba players.

Sorry, no comparison....Bball isn't computer science nor biology. Nor should basketball players receive 10 million dollar contracts. In fact why bother going to college at all. I used to enjoy college ball but with "one and dones" and this fake excitement around some mock draft it makes it less interesting. I didn't go to the Joel for many years to watch future nba players.

You're right. It makes much more sense for the bball player to leave than computer or biology savant. You only have X number of years to play in the NBA. You can work on computers or biology for forty or fifty years.

ACC players have been going to the NBA for for over half a century. I'm guessing you went to many games at the Coliseum and Joel during that time. Hell, Lenny Chappell went to the NBA in the early 60s. Players started leaving early in the 70s or 80s. I bet you went to games then.

Is that you BKF? Welcome back.

I love angry old man takes so much. The lack of critical thinking and complete self righteous idiocracy makes my heart smile.

I am sure that Hoard is a great kid and a fine basketball player who will be successful in the NBA. My frustration is certainly not directed at him. Nevertheless I have no interest in watching a bad basketball team that happens to have him as a temporary star.

As for the "multi-millionaires" that you suggest I should be angry at (I assume you mean donors to the basketball program), I would say that they have much less power to effect change than you think. Wake Forest is not Auburn or Texas A&M.

Why would multimillionaires have less power at a smaller school?

"10.) San Antonio Spurs

He follows the G-League.

Back