• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jaylen Hoard - He Gone

Hopefully the new coach is able to sell him on staying

I would be shocked if he comes back or is drafted by the NBA in the first round. I do think he will play pro ball next year but in France, not the USA

I don't see it being a good idea to leave and play in France. First of all, they pay much less than the NBA. There will be questions about his decision to leave.

The new ESPN 2020 mock draft has Hoard going 31st overall. They don’t even see him coming out this year I guess.

He should come back, its obvious at this point. Its also obvious at this point that he hates playing under this coaching staff.

He should come back, its obvious at this point. Its also obvious at this point that he hates playing under this coaching staff.

What was up with the terrible lobs that Childress threw to Hoard a few times last night? I mean, they were like 5-10 feet away from being catchable. I definitely noticed some "WTF?"-type glares coming from Hoard after those.

If recruits are paying attention - and I’m sure they are - it can’t look good to watch a freshman predated to be a borderline lottery one and done to being pretty unimpressive this season. If it were me, I would look at that and think that’s a coach and place that hurts your chances to thrive.

Which option is the most likely:

a) Coach and Hoard both gone in 2019-20
b) Coach and Hoard both return in 2019-20
c) Only Coach returns in 2019-20
d) Only Hoard returns in 2019-20

My guess is that c is the most likely followed by b with d the least likely. Not my order of preference.

A.

ETA: If one of those return next year, it would be Manning.

Maybe it's just the situation he's in here but I'm just not that impressed with Hoard. Granted, I haven't watched a ton of Deac bball this season.

Maybe it's just the situation he's in here but I'm just not that impressed with Hoard. Granted, I haven't watched a ton of Deac bball this season.

He's extremely talented. As in, he could be an elite player over time and a dominant force now in college. The way we utilize him on Offense and Defense is criminal.

ETA: I also think Manning will be back and Hoard will be gone. I really hope those are the opposite of what happens, though.

Unless Hoard is totally disenchanted with Wake or explodes for last half of the season, I think D is most likely. If his goal is the NBA and he's not likely to be drafted in the first round, I don't see the logic in going back to France.

Which option is the most likely:

a) Coach and Hoard both gone in 2019-20
b) Coach and Hoard both return in 2019-20
c) Only Coach returns in 2019-20
d) Only Hoard returns in 2019-20

A D C B

A - 50%
D - 25%
C - 15%
D - 10%

Yes he should stay but with this year's draft class supposedly less than stellar, many are saying he should go even if he is a second round choice. So who knows?

Manning developed Collins so I think we give him one more year with Hoard.

Lets give him one more year to reach his ceiling of 10th place in the acc and a daytrip to Dayton to pretend we made the tournament? Nah, kick his ass out of town as soon as possible.

If Manning is back, that will do it for me.

Grew up watching or listening to every game since 1975. I will pull for Wake to get embarrassed in every game.

If I watch after that, it will be hate watching.

Still don't think he will be back as that would make Wellman one of the stupider people to have ever lived.

I have watched less then 10 minutes total of wake hoops this year so I barely even know what Hoard looks like but just from looking at his stats, he is right in line with many other guys who left after one year. I think he pretty much has one foot out the door already

I think Hoard might end up losing the most of any incoming WF player EVER as far as his MV from day one to when he leaves. Kid is clearly talented but completely lost with our one on one O and helter skelter system on both ends of the court and DM is unable to showcase the kid's talent since he has no clue how to coach O or D. Not sure what Hoard saw to draw him here, but he has to be one really bummed dude. Just a supreme waste of talent rotting on this team.

Back