• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jaylen Hoard - He Gone

In Hoops Hype's latest aggregate rankings they noted the 2 biggest droppers are Quentin Grimes from Kansas and Jaylen Hoard from Wake Forest. Danny and his mentor not doing so well with potential 1 and dones.

back to the top as people are wondering where Hoard was projected preseason

NBADraft 9
ESPN 28
SI 20
Athletic 25
SN 31
Bleacher 22

Watched him play in one game for three minutes by accident of the remote control. Couldnt pick him out of a line up. Leave? Stay? Who cares? Losing culture is worse than a disease. Hardest thing in sports to fix once it sets in. It's bone deep in this program.

Why do people link to sites that are behind a paywall? Not upset, just curious.

Because some people are subscribers. I recommend subscribing to The Athletic. I posted the info from the link relevant to the thread.

I do find it funny that a lot of posters shell out for absurd purchases and still demand (very inexpensive) pay walled content for free.

Hoard should get feedback from the NBA scouts and do what they suggest.

"Mr nba scout. You think i should be somewhere i can learn from a real coach? Hmm let me think about it."

I doubt NBA scouts are telling ACC players who are 6-8 with a 7-1 wingspan who put up 13.1 and 7.6 for a bad team to go back to school.

Players come back to school all the time and improve their draft stock, which is incredibly important for any given player. Players can go from “projected to be undrafted” to first round picks after a year in college. That’s what John Collins did. If the evaluators tell Jaylen he’ll be a first round pick, then he should go. If they tell him a year could really improve his stock, he should listen to them.

I would certainly recommend he listen to them over friends, and especially over internet warriors.

Players come back to school all the time and improve their draft stock, which is incredibly important for any given player. Players can go from “projected to be undrafted” to first round picks after a year in college. That’s what John Collins did. If the evaluators tell Jaylen he’ll be a first round pick, then he should go. If they tell him a year could really improve his stock, he should listen to them.

I would certainly recommend he listen to them over friends, and especially over internet warriors.

I’m sure that he will.

Hoard was projected to be drafted this year before he stepped on the court at Wake. Big difference between him and Collins. Heck, he may still be projected to be drafted right now.

Hoard was projected to be drafted this year before he stepped on the court at Wake. Big difference between him and Collins. Heck, he may still be projected to be drafted right now.

Of course, and if so, he should go. Isn’t that exactly the gist of my first post?

He shouldn’t just go no matter what, he should make a smart decision to optimize his long term success.

Ah. You were agreeing with us in a disagreeable way. Gotcha.

Back