• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jaylen Hoard - He Gone

It's not related to Wake, it's related to the NBA and some mock draft-both are as exciting as watching a leaf fall from a tree.

It's not related to Wake, it's related to the NBA and some mock draft-both are as exciting as watching a leaf fall from a tree.

How is Wake Forest's best player on the current roster potentially leaving for the NBA draft not related to Wake Forest? Terrible post.

Reactions: ONW

You could just bypass this thread, you know.

We should be very interested in his draft stock. It partially determines the future of WFU Basketball.

nbadraft.net/draftbuzz032.asp

Or something like that.

Even though we’ll suck he’ll make this season worth watching. E.G Ben Simmons on a non tourney team.

Not sure why this thread is so controversial. Yeah, it is really early to be talking about it, but it provides a baseline ahead of the season.

The top few picks are pretty obvious, but after that a lot will depend on how these guys perform on the court.

I hope Hoard plays exceptionally well this year and has the opportunity to be a one and done... Would be kind of miserable to watch every game this year hoping that he is good, but not quite good enough to leave after this year. Just enjoy him while he's around.

Also interesting to see some other names on that list...

Mentions Bruno Fernando (56) and Oshae Brissett (89) have both plummeted down the draft board. Surprising to me that Brissett fell so much... I thought he'd go the opposite way.

EJ Montgomery (53) also way down the list... I guess he's viewed as having more of a college game?

Also worth keeping an eye on Jalen Lecque (61), given he wants to skip college.

Then we can stop pretending these are student/athletes. One and dones should find themselves on semi-pro teams not on campus. I guess the old concept of (team) has gone by the wayside.

His ranking is driven mostly by NBAdraft ranking him 9. The others have him 20+. NBADraft seems out of line on several players. The consensus #13 they have unranked. Also the consensus #7 they have as #18, while the other three services all have him #6. Go figure.

Sure is getting more exciting by the day.

Jaylen can be a very good player, but he is not Ben Simmons. Ben was a unanimous top player in the class and it was a done deal he was challenging for the #1 pick. Please do not compare Jaylen to that. Tons of guys ranked in the teens by recruiting services are never heard of. Let's hope Danny can develop him into a player that WFU can be proud of.

Then we can stop pretending these are student/athletes. One and dones should find themselves on semi-pro teams not on campus. I guess the old concept of (team) has gone by the wayside.

This is the reality of college basketball with the one year past HS clause in the NBA collective bargaining agreement. Top 25 recruits are potentially one and done.

NBA GMs like colleges taking the risk. See Bruno Fernando at MD. He was a projected one and done. After a year in college he is projected as barely second round.

The new G league contracts may help with some of this. Top 25 guys will be able to play pro ball and get paid above poverty line wages.

This is the reality of college basketball with the one year past HS clause in the NBA collective bargaining agreement. Top 25 recruits are potentially one and done.

NBA GMs like colleges taking the risk. See Bruno Fernando at MD. He was a projected one and done. After a year in college he is projected as barely second round.

The new G league contracts may help with some of this. Top 25 guys will be able to play pro ball and get paid above poverty line wages.

I'm pretty surprised Fernando was projected as a one-and-done. I remember when Manning first offered him and no one knew who he was. I watched some videos and thought he had good raw, athletic potential but he was nowhere near a top-25 type player. I'm not sure when he became a projected one-and-done but that's a lot of hype.

Back