• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Justice Ginsburg breaks 3 ribs in a fall

She owes a duty to the republic to fulfill her job as an associate justice of the supreme court. She doesn't owe a duty to partisans to retire when they'd prefer her to retire.

what are you talking about? her act of staying on even now to deny Trump a SCOTUS seat is a partisan act

what are you talking about? her act of staying on even now to deny Trump a SCOTUS seat is a partisan act

how do you know that? maybe she recovers and keeps working. or maybe she doesn't and decides to step down.

not to mention, whether her political leanings affect her decision to retire, which I'd guess play a role, don't have anything to do with what you describe as her "duty to the republic."

Last edited:
I guess my ulitmate point is that people calling her selfish and saying that she owes something to them for not retiring don't have any moral or ethical standing to say so, they just don't like how this has played out or the thought of Trump getting to appoint a 3rd justice. Which is fine not to like it. I don't. But it doesn't "ruin" or "tarnish" her legacy. It doesn't undo her life's work. It doesn't mean she's failed in some moral duty to the country. It just perhaps won't turn out the way you wanted. Nothing more, nothing less.

I do wonder if she considered retiring in 2016 but then after Scalia's death and the Garland fiasco she had to change her mind.

I do wonder if she considered retiring in 2016 but then after Scalia's death and the Garland fiasco she had to change her mind.

That's very possible.

Let's get RBG the best doctors in the history of medicine.

Maybe she can touch the gold hem of Trump's cloak during SotU and be healed.

I'm sure you'd take well to working your whole life to reach the peak of your profession, then having somebody tell you when you should step down to suit their own selfish interests.

I'm familiar with that aspect of work.

It sucks.

Just saw her off at the neck, preserve the head, preserve the seat.

The Futurama method. I'm ready to just move to robot judges.

The Futurama method. I'm ready to just move to robot judges.

MEATBAG GUILTY

tumblr_lduks1n1aI1qf5ifco1_500.gif

Not really a thread for this but what a crazy news day:

1) RBG breaks some ribs
2) another mass shooting in america, less than two weeks removed from the Synagogue one.
3) sessions fired
4) acting AG won’t recuse himself
5) final report in Mueller probe being prepared
6) mid-term drama lingers with recounts
7) White House and Press Secretary release a doctored video and continues attack of the free press
8) Wake gets crushed by NCSU tonight (I can see the future)
9) miss anything?

All in one day. WTF

Not really a thread for this but what a crazy news day:

1) RBG breaks some ribs
2) another mass shooting in america, less than two weeks removed from the Synagogue one.
3) sessions fired
4) acting AG won’t recuse himself
5) final report in Mueller probe being prepared
6) mid-term drama lingers with recounts
7) White House and Press Secretary release a doctored video and continues attack of the free press
8) Wake gets crushed by NCSU tonight (I can see the future)
9) miss anything?

All in one day. WTF

9) Panthers wreck Steelers in Pittsburgh

That or she still considers herself (and is correct) one of the 9 brightest legal scholars in the country and still has a drive to try to enact justice through her position on the SCOTUS.

Have you seen her publicly speak recently?

Jesus dude take off the trump hate spectacles

Back