• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Newman Fan Club (No more Seinfield references, we've reached our limit)

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
dibs on President

We'll think of a better club name later

Last edited:
In. No haters allowed.

I've yet to understand why this kid was not playing. He has an NFL physique and tonight proved to be the real deal.

giphy.gif

One of the greatest performances in WF Football history given the circumstances. I’m IN

What Jamie did tonite was huge. Not only winning his first start, against a big rival and a ranked team at their place, but going in with our team badly wounded physically and probably mentally.
This win should give the team and fans a huge morale boost for the next 2 games.......and hopefully a bowl game.
This was big......really big.

I said when he took the field with 1:39 left if he can get us to end zone he becomes a legend. And he did!

Honestly, after thinking about it for 30 minutes, that was one of the all-time great Wake Forest QB performances. Come from behind win against a #14 State team in Raleigh in his first start. It took a half to get comfortable, but he threw 3 TDs in the second half, actually in the last 17:11 of the game. Efficient stat line, no turnovers, made clutch plays with his feet.

Look, I love Sam, he’s done great. However, I’ve thought all year Jamie Newman needs a real chance. He’s got elite size at the position, I think he showed he’s got an arm and the moment sure wasn’t too big for him. The guy was a big recruiting get for us and until forced into action, has been an afterthought by many. I hope Newman just keeps looking better and better these next 2, hopefully 3 games and the QB position is up for grabs starting in the spring.

Back