• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pittsburgh @ Groves Stadium NOON Sat. Nov. 17

Oh and for the record, Pitt's defense was giving up 30ppg before today.

He was much better than Wolford or Price as freshman. Comes in close behind Skinner, who had a dominant line in front of him. Give Hartman the time to throw that Skinner had his freshman year and I bet Hartman would have 3K yards and 20-25 TDs

Considine's appearance seems to confirm Newman was the only scholarship QB available. May explain the emphasis on passing and why Newman didn't tuck and run.

Not sure why we didn't have more quarterback runs/draws with Newman. Clearly Hartman is a better passer and Newman is a better runner but I think Newman ran the ball one time all day. I think we just had too many injuries to win it today. Hope we can get some guys back for the last game versus Duke, Coburn, Smerda, Henderson, we really missed those three today.

Considine's appearance seems to confirm Newman was the only scholarship QB available. May explain the emphasis on passing and why Newman didn't tuck and run.

I guess we now know why he didn't run more. No Hinton, No Bowers. If so, expect little to no running for Newman versus Duke next week.

Wait people already dislike Newman? After an all time performance last week? He missed a lot of passes today absolutely, but neither of the interceptions was his fault.

Not a good game, but Hartman had multiple that were just as bad and worse. None of his good games were against good competition iirc.

Hartman was “fine” for a freshman.

But to claim he is announced the starter before spring is insane.

Hartman was “fine” for a freshman.

But to claim he is announced the starter before spring is insane.

Yes, Hartman was just fine. Never had a performance like last week against such high level competition. Had multiple performances like this week.

The above post is correct

Thought Clawson was too conservative today. Should have gone for it on 4th & 1 twice in my opinion.

The offense looked pretty predictable as well.

I’m just excited to go into the offseason with a QB controversy.

Both have shown some things.

Newman showed guts by winning a game in his first start. Hartman has shown some things by showing guts during games we were supposed to lose and did lose.

Narduzzi won the game in the locker room at halftime. We had a 4 pt lead and the ball to start the second half. Went 3 and out in 40 seconds, then 3 and out in 86 seconds and finished with a hat trick 3 and out in 76 seconds. total offense: 8 yards. By the time we got the ball for the 4th time, our 4 point lead had become a 10 point deficit. This is the end of the road for the "Beef Boys" and wish we just could have lined up and pounded the Panthers. Rugggerio's 2 minute offense is alive and well.

Newman missed four throws that could have gone for touchdowns in this game in addition to an unbelievable amount of overthrows on what should be pretty simple out throws

Newman missed four throws that could have gone for touchdowns in this game in addition to an unbelievable amount of overthrows on what should be pretty simple out throws

Yes. His inability to complete passes to wide open receivers today was infuriating.

Back