• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pittsburgh @ Groves Stadium NOON Sat. Nov. 17

Not correct - the line will be nowhere close to a toss-up.

Everyone agrees that even though Wake beat State the line will be more like 5 or 6 simply because those who put out the line will list "Wake quarterback Hartman out" and will adjust the line a points for that. (Whether that was right or wrong and they don't even do the research to see we played our best game of the year with the back-up.)

If Hartman wasn't out they would just do the Sagarin math and the line would be 2 or 3. Hopefully Jamie proves em wrong that the line should not be 5 or 6.

all of us who predicted the 5 or 6 were right

Haven’t been in awhile but when I used to go it was a nice environment for kids.

Gameday at WW is very stress free as far as travel and parking. For visitor fans taking kids, this is the game to go to. And I'll give credit where credit is due, Duke is a nice campus. My wife says its what she would imagine Hogwarts would look like.

Opened at +7.5, already bet down to +6.0

Think this will be a close one. Pitt locked up the Coastal last week and might be subject to a let down while we are playing for a bowl.

Keep the same gameplan as last week except open it up a little bit more for Newman in the 1st half. I would like to see more QB runs with Newman, assuming Hinton is good to go this week.

Opened at +7.5, already bet down to +6.0

Think this will be a close one. Pitt locked up the Coastal last week and might be subject to a let down while we are playing for a bowl.

Keep the same gameplan as last week except open it up a little bit more for Newman in the 1st half. I would like to see more QB runs with Newman, assuming Hinton is good to go this week.

Pitt has not locked up the Coastal.

Virginia would have to win at Georgia Tech and at Virginia Tech and Pitt would have to lose out for them not to win the coastal

I know VT is a mess now but Pitt looked much better than I thought they were.

This is going to be a lot tougher than I thought a couple weeks ago....

They could be over looking us to playing Miami in the tropics. NCSU didn't think we had a chance until we took the lead with 00:30 left.

Virginia would have to win at Georgia Tech and at Virginia Tech and Pitt would have to lose out for them not to win the coastal

You say that like it's impossible.

Another way of saying it would be, Wake has to beat Pitt, UVA has to beat GA Tech and Va Tech, and Miami has to beat Va Tech and Pitt. The odds are definitely in Pitt's favor though.

Possible that the ACC Championship game could be 12-0 Clemson against 6-6 Pitt (or 7-5 Pitt). Not a good look.

Pitt is much better than these pundits realize. WF will be most fortunate to win although we can be competitive if we play as we did in Raleigh and hopefully get some breaks.

I certainly cannot say Wake is due a win over Pitt. Maybe Wake fans should take the same approach they took before the State game. Assume a huge loss and be rewarded by a possibly better result.

Some board pundits see Pitt as less threatening than State but better plan on the opposite. Pitt keeps improving as season progresses which is the better formula.

Wake chances of making a bowl are 63% per S&P. Need one win and have a 46% chance to beat Pitt and a 31% chance to beat Duke.

Northwestern dropped 10 spots in the rankings and are 77th overall despite clinching the Big 10 West. Woof.

You say that like it's impossible.

Another way of saying it would be, Wake has to beat Pitt, UVA has to beat GA Tech and Va Tech, and Miami has to beat Va Tech and Pitt. The odds are definitely in Pitt's favor though.

UVA has a solid 5% chance of winning the Coastal.

Yeah per S&P, Pitt is 91.3% to win the Coastal and UVA is 8.7 (only scenario is UVA beats the two Techs and Pitt loses to Wake and Miami).

Have 1-8 hill tickets for Pitt. Asking $5 face value per ticket . PM me for details and I can ship them to you or find a way to get them to willcall.

I'll be watching on my phone from Maryland-Ohio State. Not sure why I agreed to go to that....

I've heard people across the country are traveling to bet their house on deaconbd being a moran.

Back