• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pittsburgh @ Groves Stadium NOON Sat. Nov. 17

It seems that if our defense can stop....(looks at stat sheet) Qadree Ollison, who is averaging (stops and looks again) 7 yards a carry, we should be fine. Seriously though, that guy is averaging more yards and has more TD's than AJ Dillon. We sold out against the run to stop Dillon, hopefully we have a better game plan this time around.

We should be in good shape if we stop the run and the pass.

It seems that if our defense can stop....(looks at stat sheet) Qadree Ollison, who is averaging (stops and looks again) 7 yards a carry, we should be fine. Seriously though, that guy is averaging more yards and has more TD's than AJ Dillon. We sold out against the run to stop Dillon, hopefully we have a better game plan this time around.

Pitt is an elite rushing team but below average in the passing game. Need Wake's run defense to be great. On the flip side they are one of the worst teams in the country at allowing offenses to convert on 3rd down. If Wake's offense can get into 2nd and short and 3rd and short situations we should be able to move the ball and score on them. I think this game will be high scoring but not sure who that favors, usually I would say Wake, but their rushing attack may wear down our D.

Ollison is only half the problem as Darrin Hall is averaging 8.8 ypc for 844 and 8 touchdowns so far

Interesting about Nate Mays. Wasn't he projected a starter at LB before injury?

Nate has been plagued with injuries ever since he hurt his knee in the state playoffs his senior year of high school. I think he led the team with 8 tackles in one of our early games this season. Hate it that he hasn't had the chance to play much the past few years. As much time and effort as he's put into football, I would not be surprised to see him back next season to give it one last shot.

Pitt is an elite rushing team but below average in the passing game. Need Wake's run defense to be great. On the flip side they are one of the worst teams in the country at allowing offenses to convert on 3rd down. If Wake's offense can get into 2nd and short and 3rd and short situations we should be able to move the ball and score on them. I think this game will be high scoring but not sure who that favors, usually I would say Wake, but their rushing attack may wear down our D.

With Carney and a linebacker playing QB, I hope that Wake will be able to convert 3rd and short.

And I totally overlooked Hall, that is quite the two headed monster. This will be the first Pitt game I will have watched in several years.

Dillon was not what hurt us against BC. Brown threw for 5 TD's.

I would actually argue we did a good job bottling up Dillon the same way we "bottled up" Finley. Gave up some yards, but only 1 TD and made them beat us in other ways.

Dillon was not what hurt us against BC. Brown threw for 5 TD's.

I would actually argue we did a good job bottling up Dillon the same way we "bottled up" Finley. Gave up some yards, but only 1 TD and made them beat us in other ways.

right - he's saying that we sold out to stop the run at the expense of our pass defense

I just looked at the Pitt-PSU box score. That was actually a pretty deceptive 51-6 final score; Pitt was down 7-6 late 1st half and went for a 4th down from the PSU 4 yard line. Failed to convert and that was the turning point. Game was played in a steady rain and Pitt had 3 turnovers.

right - he's saying that we sold out to stop the run at the expense of our pass defense

I just looked at the Pitt-PSU box score. That was actually a pretty deceptive 51-6 final score; Pitt was down 7-6 late 1st half and went for a 4th down from the PSU 4 yard line. Failed to convert and that was the turning point. Game was played in a steady rain and Pitt had 3 turnovers.

Right. And I am saying it was not a bad gameplan against BC. We just didn't execute in the secondary. I would rather force an unproven QB to beat us than a heralded RB(s).

We should have the same gameplan this weekend being that it seems our secondary is using a bend-but-don't-break philosophy.

Wake chances of making a bowl are 63% per S&P. Need one win and have a 46% chance to beat Pitt and a 31% chance to beat Duke.

Northwestern dropped 10 spots in the rankings and are 77th overall despite clinching the Big 10 West. Woof.

After winning at Iowa? That's weird.

Akron and Rutgers games weighing them down like a lead balloon?

Will Tony Dorsett or Dan Marino be there?

I'm really interested in seeing how many Pitt fans are there Saturday. Syracuse always seems to have more fans when we play them at home then you'd think, but how many are really traveling fans as opposed to nearby alumni, fans, etc. I'm not really sure.

I'm really interested in seeing how many Pitt fans are there Saturday. Syracuse always seems to have more fans when we play them at home then you'd think, but how many are really traveling fans as opposed to nearby alumni, fans, etc. I'm not really sure.

Syracuse surprised me with the number of fans they brought. Way too much orange on the other side.
I would think that Pitt would have much fewer. Don't think there are that many alums in the area and wouldn't expect loads of them to make the trip. However, isn't the the first time Pitt has ever played at Wake? If so, maybe they come out of curiosity.

There are an absurd amount of people who have moved from upstate NY to Charlotte and Raleigh, and I assume the Triad as well. Not nearly as many from Pittsburgh, although I know a few (not Pitt fans).

Yeah, fair amount of ex-Pittsburghers, but Pitt athletics just doesn't resonate in the local market like Syracuse athletics does.

Their contingent to the ACCCG will be even more interesting given that they will likely be destroyed

Yeah, fair amount of ex-Pittsburghers, but Pitt athletics just doesn't resonate in the local market like Syracuse athletics does.

Their contingent to the ACCCG will be even more interesting given that they will likely be destroyed

I guess being home to one of the most beloved NFL franchises makes it tough for the local university team.

Back