• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pittsburgh @ Groves Stadium NOON Sat. Nov. 17

The greater Ohio valley is moving to NC. Most are Ohioans but I have new neighbors from Western PA/WVA area. She is a Pitt fan; he is WVA fan. But both love the Stillers first and foremost.

North of DC, pro sports dominate. When I was in New England, locals cared only about 1 BC game - the Notre Dame game. It was a Catholic Bowl game to them. It was all Red Sox-Bruins-Celts-Pats for them.

Yeah, fair amount of ex-Pittsburghers, but Pitt athletics just doesn't resonate in the local market like Syracuse athletics does.

Their contingent to the ACCCG will be even more interesting given that they will likely be destroyed

Syracuse is the only sports in town. PITT has lots of competition for fans. When people think of Syracuse they think of the school. When people think of Pittsburgh they maybe think of PITT after the Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates.

I will say that when you say Pitt I think of the school. You say Pittsburgh and I think I of the Steelers.

I have two tickets and a parking pass available. PM if interested.

I saw where Clawson said yesterday Tyler Williams is out of action for the rest of the season. Always sucks to lose guys up front, especially a 300 pounder when facing a team like Pitt.

I saw where Clawson said yesterday Tyler Williams is out of action for the rest of the season. Always sucks to lose guys up front, especially a 300 pounder when facing a team like Pitt.

The injuries have just been unreal this season.

Anybody seeing "players wanted" signs around campus?

The injuries have just been unreal this season.

Anybody seeing "players wanted" signs around campus?

It really has and if we make a bowl, it will be one heck of a coaching job and really speaks to the heart of this team.

Hope Mike Allen is ready to play a full game. Excited to see what he can do with more action.

When my high school soccer team started racking up the injuries, coach sent us to the weight room.

This guys must never lift. /s

if the odds of getting injured on a given play are constant, a team running more plays will logically have a greater chance of sustaining injuries

If injuries happen at a greater rate as players get fatigued, then running more plays will logically create an even greater likelihood of injury

through 9 weeks WF was #1 in the nation in offensive plays per game - now down to #2 after slowing tempo vs. NC State

Hope Mike Allen is ready to play a full game. Excited to see what he can do with more action.

He was an absolute beast on a couple of State's running plays. And clearly a physical specimen. Hopefully he gets about 4 full series.

Mike Allen on the two-deep with no Tyler Williams at DE (or DT)

Second week in a row that Bowers is not listed as the 3rd QB. Not sure why.

DJ Taylor still is out with mono which is a big loss (again) - he was having a good year. Smenda just hasn't shown out IMO

Kemp is back a starter at Rover

Matt Colburn also still listed as starter. Fingers crossed.

Mike Allen on the two-deep with no Tyler Williams at DE (or DT)

Second week in a row that Bowers is not listed as the 3rd QB. Not sure why.

DJ Taylor still is out with mono which is a big loss (again) - he was having a good year. Smenda just hasn't shown out IMO

Kemp is back a starter at Rover

Matt Colburn also still listed as starter. Fingers crossed.

Wonder if Bowers is transferring?

Is Bowers healthy enough to play? If so, he is probably the only one who hasn't played at all.

I think he played as QB2 in our first three games when Newman was down and Hinton was suspended.

I wouldn't be shocked if Bowers and Hinton transfer. I don't want either to leave, but wouldn't be surprised if they did.

No position in football has more transfers than QB. If you have a solid freshman and sophomore (which WF does), barring a catastrophe, there is no PT available for a minimum of two more years, and chances are that the team will recruit another stud in the interim. Hard enough to keep two QBs on the roster happy (see Clemson and Bama). Impossible to keep more than two happy.

Back