• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pittsburgh @ Groves Stadium NOON Sat. Nov. 17

Other than a desperation hail mary, we lost the TO battle and Greg probably had the worst return game of his career last week. We beat a more highly ranked team on the road, at a 19 point dog vs. 6. Sure State had some drops (so did we), but it's not like this team needs some fluke to beat Pitt at home.
I thought we were due a shot at an upset at State last week and suggested as much with a few reasons. I noted a chorus of predictions of a wide margin of defeat. Against Pitt I fully expect that we get a very tough formidable opponent having watched them play this year regardless of all the number crunching. Pitt is just plain good at moving the ball on the ground. WF has not had a stellar DL across the body of work of this season. IF the DL and rest of the defense hangs tough and IF our offense plays well with little to no TOs, maybe we can catch Pitt but they will not be napping the way State was last Thursday. If the team approaches the game otherwise they will get their hats handed to them.

It's too bad we couldn't have played Pitt earlier and Florida State later. One program on the upswing the other sliding down.

No idea how you include Florida State in this post. They're 4-6 and have been bad all year. Their only wins are against Wake, Louisville, Samford, and Northern Illinois.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/201...-expect-from-new-wake-forest-qb-jamie-newman/

Still, Narduzzi doesn’t think who’s under center will make that much of a difference. He’ll be preparing the Panthers to face the Wake offense as a whole, not just Newman. “No, I don’t think Jamie gives them a different look. I think they have an identity offense. They’re going to spread you out. They’re going to do a great job at scheming you up. They’re going to tempo you so you don’t have time,” Narduzzi said.

No idea how you include Florida State in this post. They're 4-6 and have been bad all year. Their only wins are against Wake, Louisville, Samford, and Northern Illinois.

Pretty simply actually....Pitt has been on a tear the last month whereas Florida State has been playing their worst football (which isn't saying much). I think if Wake were playing FL state Saturday with Newman and this revamped offense I'd feel much more confident than playing this Pitt team.

Revamped offense ? You mean we didn't chuck and duck a few series for one game with a scaled back playbook ?

Wake has been mediocre all season long and FSU has been right there with them, if not worse.

The Bear was just on ESPN radio and one of the games he liked this week was us +7 vs. Pitt. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Some excellent work right there, about a group of guys who are well deserving!

Thanks, Les. I enjoyed it. Quick question. Do you think Osteen and Ford helped Sciba by relieving him from kickoff duties as a true freshman?

Put a lot of work in this one, and hoping you folks enjoy it. I took a look at all 20 players going through senior day festivities, shared some of their top moments, best stats, interesting quotes and my personal reflection.

Let me know your thoughts.

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...Wake-Forest-Football-Senior-Class--124757749/

I met Nate Mays on his recruiting visit. I was shocked when he told me he was a linebacker, due to his size. He was well spoken, polite and really excited to be a Deac. I am happy that he fought and competed for four years.

I am going to miss watching Colburn next year, he always runs like he is about to break one wide open.

I met Nate Mays on his recruiting visit. I was shocked when he told me he was a linebacker, due to his size. He was well spoken, polite and really excited to be a Deac. I am happy that he fought and competed for four years.

I am going to miss watching Colburn next year, he always runs like he is about to break one wide open.

When you met Nate, it may have been after his knee injury and he had lost a lot of weight. In High school he ran a 4.6 40 and once he got into Wake's s&c program, he bulked up to 225. You're right about him being a polite, well-spoken young man.

Great job as usual, Les. A third straight Bowl game would be perfect for these men.

From BSD: Samurai Foochs
Wake Forest 24-Pitt 13
The defense does enough to stop the run and the offense REFUSES TO LOSE on Senior Day, getting us to 6 wins and bowl eligibility.

Back