• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report Is Back! NC A&T - Saturday 2 pm ACC Network

Pilchard

Reaction score
Who's excited for another season of KP Breakdown's of WF opponents? C'mon raise your hand.

Here we go:

Season to Date:

NC A&T is ranked #345 (the rankings aren't really valid at this point as they are largely based on last year's performance with some adjustments made for returning minutes and scoring); so, they are considered among the worst in D-1. The Aggies opened the season with a competitive home loss to UNC-G 74-66. UNC-G led by only 1 at the half, and A&T hung for 40 minutes against a UNC-G team coached by a legend. The Aggies might have won had they shot better than a dreadful 9 for 21 from foul line. A&T did shoot 50% (9-18) from three, and only committed 12 TOs. UNC-G did out rebound A&T by 10 (42-32). As set forth below, A&T is a small and perimeter oriented.

Team make-up:

Three of A&T's starters are transfers PG Aaron Edmead (Wagner), F Terry Harris (Houston Baptist and E. Michigan) and C Ibrahim Sylla (Northern Colorado). The team is small starting: 5-10 (Edmead), 6-1 Quavius Copeland, 6-2 Kameron Langley, 6-6 (Harris) and 6-8 (Sylla). The Aggies bring Malik Glantz (6-3) and Andre Jackson (6-4) off the bench. With an admittedly small sample size, A&T does appear to have threats from deep: Copeland, Edmead and Harris all hit multiple 3s in the UNC-G opener.

Bottom line:

WF is bigger than the Aggies, and A&T may be one of the few opponents with less depth than the Deacs. Heading into the season, KP gave UNC-G (#93) and WF (#91) almost identical ratings, and A&T remained competitive with UNC-G for 40 minutes. If A&T shoots 50% from 3 again, the game could be tight throughout. KP does not think so as he picks WF in a rout: 86-63.

Looking forward to see how the new young Deacs play tomorrow.

Thanks for continuing to do these. I enjoy the previews of opponents I know nothing about.

Excited? No. I do read and appreciate your effort and your KP reports. Thanks and keep them coming. If you want excited find a way for the Deacs to become a twenty five win team without having to play sixty games.

A&T hung for 40 minutes against a UNC-G team coached by a legend.

Who wrote that, Donald Ross? How is Wes Miller "a legend" to anyone else?

AHH. I thought it was a cut and paste from HRH KP.

Any viewing/listening options for those of us living outside ACC country? Thanks.

UNCG lost to #23 LSU last night by only 6 points. I think we'll be in for a competitive game today.

Remember how we started last season against "sure win" opponents? Didn't take long for us to know that we didn't have a competitive team. Sure hope this season is different.

I was just given 4 extra tickets and parking pass for today's game. can meet at Reynolda Pres (across form the Village Tavern) around 1:45 if anyone wants to go to the game. Go Deacs! Just send a PM or post here.

Mike

Back