• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any word on Matt's injury?

I would like to know too. After a long review by trainers, I believe he was able to walk off the field. Not positive of that.

FWIW, I saw Matt walking into academic services yesterday before basketball interviews. Looked like a brace on his ankle, but not the full-on cast that you'd see if something was broken. That's not much, but it's what I've got right now.

If it's season-ending, we might hear an announcement tomorrow. Otherwise, we'll get an update from Clawson on Tuesday.

Oils be a shame if he missed the last few games of his senior season.
He's really come on strong the last 2 years. Love his energy.

Colburn had an injury last year where he planted and got tackled high and his leg was wrenched around under him. I cannot remember the opponent, but it was a on day he was running rampant, and the injury I think occurred after about a 10 yard run up the middle and on the opponents 15 or 20 yard line. It was a knee and watching it on TV in real time and then in slow mo (and also having had multiple knee surgeries), I was pretty sure in the moment that he had just torn his ACL. He stayed on the ground and limped off the field.

He ended up coming back in the game. The kid has body and bone strength from the waist down that is really unique IMO. I am sure there are about 7 or 8 NFL running backs that are built the same way - Dion Lewis comes to mind. My only personal comparison would probably be Tyrone Bogues who I played quite a bit of pickup with at Wake when I was there. He was practically a dwarf from the waist down and you just knew running with him that knee problems were just "never" gonna happen.

Caveat being "never" to a 20 year old equals next 15 years. If memory serves, Mugsy's knees are what drove him from the NBA, not his height.

So, while it looked awful, if there was one guy on our team who could recover in 9 days from a bad ankle sprain, it would be Colburn. If there was a guy who could seemingly have a bad ankle sprain and end up only having a bone bruise that would have been an ankle sprain for anybody else, it would also be Colburn.

So any update? We need him big time for this game to get bowl eligible. i hope he can go.

So any update? We need him big time for this game to get bowl eligible. i hope he can go.

Fwiw he's listed as the starter on this week's depth chart and I think Clawson said he was practicing some this week and hoping he'd be good to go on Saturday.
Really hope he can play, and do well, in his last home game.

thanks. that would be huge if he is good to go. they are good, but they will give up points

Back