• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Churchill’s grandson slams Trump for skipping WW1 memorial visit over weather

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score

Last edited:
But he respects the military more than Obama !

“I like people who weren’t killed.”

- Trump, probably

Bunions acting up again...

If the US doesn’t show up for our allies at memorials, why would they believe the US will show up for our allies during actual conflict?

Can you imagine how conservatives would freak out if Obama did something like this? More evidence conservatives don’t actually care about our military beyond political tools and stuffing their pockets.

Ah yes we all care about what Winston Churchill’s grandson thinks.

If the US doesn’t show up for our allies at memorials, why would they believe the US will show up for our allies during actual conflict?

Can you imagine how conservatives would freak out if Obama did something like this? More evidence conservatives don’t actually care about our military beyond political tools and stuffing their pockets.

I'd really like to hear a conservative's response to this question. I'm sure the term "cheese eating surrender monkeys" would somehow work its way into the discussion.

Or we could focus on the message not the messenger.

Initially they'd think "wait, is this a big deal? Should I be outraged?" And after Fox News had 12, hour long segments on it per day for a week, they would be furious and asking for impeachment.

Yep. Obama was excoriated for moving a friggin bust of Winston Churchill.

Trump has still not visited troops in a war zone and he just pussed out on paying respects to the fallen because he didn’t want to get his hair wet.

Trump and the Republican Party are a bunch of summer soldiers.

what a weak and feckless leader. There is a 100% chance that his hair factored into his decision.

Yep. More conservative/republican hypocrisy on display.

This move is one of the things that makes me the most upset about our president.

I wish I had the honor of attending the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day as the President of the United States.

Back