• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Consider the sample size RJ. In the last 100 years there have been 15 instances where the Democratic Nominee was not a sitting president or a previous nominee. Of those 15, only one was over the age of 60 on election night. She won the popular vote. The other 14 went a combined 5* for 14.

*one of those 5 was stolen.

It’s an interesting historical note, but it’s not some ironclad political rule that a democrat over 60 can’t win the general election.

And, besides, Bernie ran for President in 2016, so this would not be his first time.

I don't think that's quite right. I think Bernie is a third party's dream.

Bernie and Donald both have the ability to tap into the "outsider" and "economically anxious" group.

I don't think that's quite right. I think Bernie is a third party's dream.

Bernie and Donald both have the ability to tap into the "outsider" and "economically anxious" group.

He's both a 3rd party's dream and Trump's dream candidate. There was a piece last year that I've mentioned before where they were interviewing a few Pub operatives, and Bernie and then Warren after him were their 2 biggest dream opponents. Which is also why Russian bots were also supporting Bernie in the primary last time around in addition to supporting Trump in the primary and GE.

I've been looking at polls of potential match-ups, and the 1 person who consistently does the best against Trump is Biden. I know a lot of that this early in the process is name recognition, and Biden doesn't excite me as a nominee. But the more I see it, I start thinking a 1 term Biden with Harris or Beto as his veep could 1 of our most viable options. Though at this point I'm still thinking Harris, Beto or 1 of the 3 governors are still the best options.

Bernie is going to fuck this all up. I fear he will run as an IND if and when he doesn't get the Dem nod. I would like to think that Dems would see through this, but they just never seem to get out of their own way. Just like having 20+ people up for the nomination.

Dems better get their shit together

I don't know why people keep complaining about the number of candidates. It's like a year before the first primary. That will sort itself out. There's no risk of a Trump like figure rising to the top.

I've had RJ blocked for like 5 years so I miss a lot of his posts + he isnt the only person with that opinion.

If MDMH actually has me blocked, someone should explain to him that 07's posts had nothing to do with me. It's about Sokolove.

The M&M boys don’t like her either.

Bernie is going to fuck this all up. I fear he will run as an IND if and when he doesn't get the Dem nod. I would like to think that Dems would see through this, but they just never seem to get out of their own way. Just like having 20+ people up for the nomination.

Dems better get their shit together

There is a zero percent chance that Bernie will do this.

Back