• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

He's both a 3rd party's dream and Trump's dream candidate. There was a piece last year that I've mentioned before where they were interviewing a few Pub operatives, and Bernie and then Warren after him were their 2 biggest dream opponents. Which is also why Russian bots were also supporting Bernie in the primary last time around in addition to supporting Trump in the primary and GE.

I've been looking at polls of potential match-ups, and the 1 person who consistently does the best against Trump is Biden. I know a lot of that this early in the process is name recognition, and Biden doesn't excite me as a nominee. But the more I see it, I start thinking a 1 term Biden with Harris or Beto as his veep could 1 of our most viable options. Though at this point I'm still thinking Harris, Beto or 1 of the 3 governors are still the best options.

Nailed it. I’m in.

Biden is like Hillary. People like him just fine until he runs.

How many people have run for President three times?

Good luck getting the NYT to write a story on them.

Republican party affiliation is down to 25%, the lowest since April.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

GOP affiliation has been low before. It was at 22% a year ago. But the difference is back then R/I/D affiliation was 22/44/32. Now it's 25/39/34. Looking at trends, Dem affiliation hasn't been this high since the months after the 2012 election. Democrats + Dem leaning Independents is 52%.

The weird thing about the Gallup poll is Dem affiliation peaked in October and dipped during the election then picked back up in January. Same thing happened in 2014.

Last edited:

Julian Castro's candidacy is over. He has said he supports some form of reparations. Stick a fork in him.

I’m curious what sailor’s point is here. Plenty of black people are descended from slave owners. White men regularly and systematically raped black women (and men) as a show of power.

Seems weird to treat that as interesting information.

Last edited:
Julian Castro's candidacy is over. He has said he supports some form of reparations. Stick a fork in him.

Cory Booker does, too, fwiw, and we haven't quite stuck a fork in him. It's heartening to watch the idea of reparations slowly work its way into the mainstream.

I look forward to people explaining why the Covington kid deserves $250M but slaves don’t deserve anything.

He wants us to go to war so we can control Venezuela's oil. Yay imperialism!

??

Could you outline your position more? I read the article and I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be up in arms about.

Not acknowledging Maduro a dictator is giving a cruel, violent, and tyrannical man unwarranted democratic legitimacy on the highest of world stages.

Back