• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I probably said it before, but within a few weeks of his candidacy Biden will remind people why he's more beloved as Scranton Joe, a senator from a state nobody cares about or Uncle Joe, a silly old man who stands with the cool black President than he is as a two time presidential candidate who barely registered.

I probably said it before, but within a few weeks of his candidacy Biden will remind people why he's more beloved as Scranton Joe, a senator from a state nobody cares about or Uncle Joe, a silly old man who stands with the cool black President than he is as a two time presidential candidate who barely registered.

Meh. Biden is much different than he was in 88 or even 08. Being VP elevated his game (thanks Obama). Id love to see him run if only to see the hard left go bonkers. I want to see that contrast being debated on the national stage (with someone like Biden) vs. on a message board.

Here's a question for all Dem candidates:

Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon for all of his crimes. If elected would you pardon Donald Trump and his family for their crimes if you are elected POTUS?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/02/politics/elizabeth-warren-underperform-poll-of-the-week/index.html

"...poll finds Sen. Bernie Sanders leading the 2020 New Hampshire Democratic primary with 26% to former Vice President Joe Biden's 22%. Sen. Kamala Harris rounds out the top three with 10%. Sen. Elizabeth Warren comes in fourth with 7%...Warren almost certainly needs a first or second place finish in New Hampshire if she wants to succeed nationally. The Granite State is right next to her home state of Massachusetts. Massachusetts candidates usually gain an edge in the New Hampshire primary compared to how they do nationally. Paul Tsongas, John Kerry and Mitt Romney all did well in New Hampshire compared to other early contests.
Now if Warren wasn't so well known by New Hampshire voters that would be one thing. Polling indicates, however, that Warren has near universal name recognition in the state.
It also wouldn't be so bad for Warren if she were rising in polls. If anything, Warren seems to be going backward. Over the course of 2018, Warren averaged a little over 14% in New Hampshire surveys. That is, her support seems to have dropped in half since forming her campaign.

That’s just name recognition. That’s it.

Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon for all of his crimes. If elected would you pardon Donald Trump and his family for their crimes if you are elected POTUS?

It doesn’t matter. Pretty sure the State of NY will try to have charges waiting for the day he leaves office.

Anybody who said no would have no chance in the primary. Trump going to jail helps Republicans even more than Democrats. They are stuck with him for as long as he can tweet.

Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up!

Former Colorado governor announces his candidacy.

Great, yet another low name-recognition candidate with no shot announcing candidacy so as to prove we have learned nothing since 2016.

Bernie pulls in 12k+ in both Brooklyn and Chicago on back-to-back days

he's gonna be a force

Nice to see Holder recognizing reality.

https://electoralvotemap.com/

Here's a new site that was referenced on ev.com this morning. It synthesizes a few of the major prognosticators. In looking at the map, 1 of the thing I'm noticing is that, even though Trump is sitting at 42%, he could win the EC again by narrowly winning states like FL, NC & WI and getting crushed on the west coast and in the NE. I'd be slightly more generous to the Dems and put 3 EVs for ME and 4 for NH in the light blue column, recognizing Trump could pick off northern ME like a Dem could pick off Omaha. And right now, it looks like MI has been moving back in the light blue column. That would be a total of 250 EVs. PA would make 270. Without PA, it's a tough map. As a Dem, I don't like ever counting on FL, and a depressed OH appears to have turned red for a while. If you don't get PA, but get WI, IA, northern ME and Omaha, that's only 268. WI and IA seem to be trending light blue as a result of Trump's tariff wars. They have AZ as a toss-up, but it's really reddish purple. Sinema won a squeeker but the Pubs won the governor easily.

The point is even if the Dems get most of those states, they're looking at the low 300s as a best case scenario. (Yes, a candidate facing indictment could possibly win.) Not that it's an easy map for Trump either. PA and especially MI are trending light blue, and he absolutely can't lose PA. So essentially what this means for the blue team is it'd be nice to have a candidate who can appeal to voters in FL, NC, PA, WI, IA, NV and AZ.

Never seen such a collection of nobody’s and straihgt up losers.

It does look like you are set for old white Joe to be your man. Hope with No Change and no chance :)

Never seen such a collection of nobody’s and straihgt up losers.

It does look like you are set for old white Joe to be your man. Hope with No Change and no chance :)

Maybe you missed the 2012 and 2026 Republican fields?

Back