• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I wouldn't know, but what's it like to be a sell-out for your "principles" and literally hurt people you claim to want to help?
In this scenario are you the one being hurt? By message board criticism? It's not very clear.

It's good to remember that bitching on a message board is how we got Trump.

She lost because minority voters didn't go to the polls. Less people voted for Trump than Romney nationally ... the Dem base just didn't show up for Hilary at all.

And I'm not sure if they show up for Biden or even Beto either. The Dem base isn't white or male, and is pretty sick of white dudes.

I'm with Ph on this 1. Trump got his base out, and Hillary didn't. Part of that, as we're finding out now, was because the Russian trolls were targeting minority groups, part of it was because Hillary spent more time in long shot states than in MI & PA going for a big electoral victory, and part of it was because she was a shitty candidate, which was partly her fault and partly Fox and Pub demonization. I was so pissed at the pathetic Dem slate that I didn't vote in the Dem primary for the 1st time in my life. But another part, I believe, was that people were ready for a change and willing to try a long shot because they didn't like Hillary. And between November and March, his poll numbers were staying in the high 40s, but folks with open eyes who don't watch Fox 24/7 soured on him within 2-3 months, and his poll numbers have been between 38-43% ever since. And soured may be too polite a term. Appalled by may be more like it. And as we saw in the midterms, folks on the left and a lot in the middle (at least the suburban middle) are hell bent on voting against Trump in 2020 - and at a time when the economy and the market are still sailing along. So I do still believe that, as long as we end up with a ticket that is mostly acceptable to those on the left and middle, Trump will lose in 2020 because that energy is still there.

Only the shitty ones.

LOL. I had the same reaction to vad’s post just now. It’s ridiculous to say Dems won’t show up for white guys just because they’re white. If Beto or Biden or whoever performs well in the debates and shows he can address the needs of the diverse Dem base, he will get votes.

I voted for Clinton, Shoo. Try again.

And I have politics, Strickland. Try again! Not sure why you and mdmh are always so keen to pick the same fight over and over again, but it got old a while ago. Find something new. Do better.

And I have politics, Strickland. Try again! Not sure why you and mdmh are always so keen to pick the same fight over and over again, but it got old a while ago. Find something new. Do better.

What do you believe in?

It is if this message board and bingeing cable news are the extent of your political engagement.

I never watch cable news. And you called me out without provocation on this message board (and post much more than I do). Not sure where you are coming from here, but you look like an ass. Proud of you for going to DSA meetings though.

Last edited:
What do you believe in?

I've responded to this weird accusation several times. You can go find it - I'm not going out lay out my platform again for your strange measure board pleasure. And I'm not going to ask for yours because I don't give a flying fuck.

yeah, let's all get our principles out for dick measuring so we can prove...something

I never watch cable news. And you called me out without provocation on this message board (and post much more than I do). Not sure where you are coming from here, but you look like an ass. Proud of you for going to DSA meetings though.

I don’t go to DSA meetings.

Calling you out without provocation on a message board???? Gauntlet thrown indeed.

yeah, let's all get our principles out for dick measuring so we can prove...something

We just need a charismatic blue dog candidate who raises a lot of money and loses elections and then we’ll finally win one.

We just need a charismatic blue dog candidate who raises a lot of money and loses elections and then we’ll finally win one.

We are all waiting with bated breath for your uncharismatic progressive candidate who can't raise money and wins elections.

Back