Page 10 of 618 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Scooter Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    I can’t wait to hear Shoo shill for his progressive credentials !
    Nah, I would just shill for not being dumb and putting Trump in office again, but thanks for the personal call-out! Love you!

Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    Nah, I would just shill for not being dumb and putting Trump in office again, but thanks for the personal call-out! Love you!
    What is it like to not have politics?
    We're going to be good again.

Scooter Banks

What is it like to not have politics?
    I wouldn't know, but what's it like to be a sell-out for your "principles" and literally hurt people you claim to want to help?

I wouldn't know, but what's it like to be a sell-out for your "principles" and literally hurt people you claim to want to help?
    I voted for Clinton, Shoo. Try again.

A Young Go-Hard
    In this scenario are you the one being hurt? By message board criticism? It's not very clear.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    In this scenario are you the one being hurt? By message board criticism? It's not very clear.
    It turns out that too much MSNBC causes brain rot, too.

A Young Go-Hard
    It's good to remember that bitching on a message board is how we got Trump.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by vadimivich View Post
    She lost because minority voters didn't go to the polls. Less people voted for Trump than Romney nationally ... the Dem base just didn't show up for Hilary at all.

And I'm not sure if they show up for Biden or even Beto either. The Dem base isn't white or male, and is pretty sick of white dudes.
    I'm with Ph on this 1. Trump got his base out, and Hillary didn't. Part of that, as we're finding out now, was because the Russian trolls were targeting minority groups, part of it was because Hillary spent more time in long shot states than in MI & PA going for a big electoral victory, and part of it was because she was a shitty candidate, which was partly her fault and partly Fox and Pub demonization. I was so pissed at the pathetic Dem slate that I didn't vote in the Dem primary for the 1st time in my life. But another part, I believe, was that people were ready for a change and willing to try a long shot because they didn't like Hillary. And between November and March, his poll numbers were staying in the high 40s, but folks with open eyes who don't watch Fox 24/7 soured on him within 2-3 months, and his poll numbers have been between 38-43% ever since. And soured may be too polite a term. Appalled by may be more like it. And as we saw in the midterms, folks on the left and a lot in the middle (at least the suburban middle) are hell bent on voting against Trump in 2020 - and at a time when the economy and the market are still sailing along. So I do still believe that, as long as we end up with a ticket that is mostly acceptable to those on the left and middle, Trump will lose in 2020 because that energy is still there.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Only the shitty ones.
    LOL. I had the same reaction to vad’s post just now. It’s ridiculous to say Dems won’t show up for white guys just because they’re white. If Beto or Biden or whoever performs well in the debates and shows he can address the needs of the diverse Dem base, he will get votes.

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    It's good to remember that bitching on a message board is how we got Trump.
    It is if this message board and bingeing cable news are the extent of your political engagement.

Scooter Banks

I voted for Clinton, Shoo. Try again.
    And I have politics, Strickland. Try again! Not sure why you and mdmh are always so keen to pick the same fight over and over again, but it got old a while ago. Find something new. Do better.

And I have politics, Strickland. Try again! Not sure why you and mdmh are always so keen to pick the same fight over and over again, but it got old a while ago. Find something new. Do better.
    What do you believe in?

Scooter Banks

It is if this message board and bingeing cable news are the extent of your political engagement.
    I never watch cable news. And you called me out without provocation on this message board (and post much more than I do). Not sure where you are coming from here, but you look like an ass. Proud of you for going to DSA meetings though.
    Last edited by Shooshmoo; 12-20-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Scooter Banks

What do you believe in?
    I've responded to this weird accusation several times. You can go find it - I'm not going out lay out my platform again for your strange measure board pleasure. And I'm not going to ask for yours because I don't give a flying fuck.

I disagree with you
    yeah, let's all get our principles out for dick measuring so we can prove...something

I never watch cable news. And you called me out without provocation on this message board (and post much more than I do). Not sure where you are coming from here, but you look like an ass. Proud of you for going to DSA meetings though.
    I don’t go to DSA meetings.

Calling you out without provocation on a message board???? Gauntlet thrown indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    yeah, let's all get our principles out for dick measuring so we can prove...something
    We just need a charismatic blue dog candidate who raises a lot of money and loses elections and then we’ll finally win one.

Scooter Banks

Never mind, man. Keep my name out yo mouth.

I disagree with you
    We just need a charismatic blue dog candidate who raises a lot of money and loses elections and then we’ll finally win one.
    but Kamala Harris !

Scooter Banks

We are all waiting with bated breath for your uncharismatic progressive candidate who can't raise money and wins elections.