Page 10 of 618 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110510 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 12344

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

  1. #181
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    I can’t wait to hear Shoo shill for his progressive credentials !
    Nah, I would just shill for not being dumb and putting Trump in office again, but thanks for the personal call-out! Love you!

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    Nah, I would just shill for not being dumb and putting Trump in office again, but thanks for the personal call-out! Love you!
    What is it like to not have politics?
    We're going to be good again.

  3. #183
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    What is it like to not have politics?
    I wouldn't know, but what's it like to be a sell-out for your "principles" and literally hurt people you claim to want to help?

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    I wouldn't know, but what's it like to be a sell-out for your "principles" and literally hurt people you claim to want to help?
    I voted for Clinton, Shoo. Try again.
    We're going to be good again.

  5. #185
    A Young Go-Hard
    myDeaconmyhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peters Creek
    Posts
    26,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    I wouldn't know, but what's it like to be a sell-out for your "principles" and literally hurt people you claim to want to help?
    In this scenario are you the one being hurt? By message board criticism? It's not very clear.
    Draxx them sklounst

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    In this scenario are you the one being hurt? By message board criticism? It's not very clear.
    It turns out that too much MSNBC causes brain rot, too.
    We're going to be good again.

  7. #187
    A Young Go-Hard
    myDeaconmyhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peters Creek
    Posts
    26,252
    It's good to remember that bitching on a message board is how we got Trump.
    Draxx them sklounst

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by vadimivich View Post
    She lost because minority voters didn't go to the polls. Less people voted for Trump than Romney nationally ... the Dem base just didn't show up for Hilary at all.

    And I'm not sure if they show up for Biden or even Beto either. The Dem base isn't white or male, and is pretty sick of white dudes.
    I'm with Ph on this 1. Trump got his base out, and Hillary didn't. Part of that, as we're finding out now, was because the Russian trolls were targeting minority groups, part of it was because Hillary spent more time in long shot states than in MI & PA going for a big electoral victory, and part of it was because she was a shitty candidate, which was partly her fault and partly Fox and Pub demonization. I was so pissed at the pathetic Dem slate that I didn't vote in the Dem primary for the 1st time in my life. But another part, I believe, was that people were ready for a change and willing to try a long shot because they didn't like Hillary. And between November and March, his poll numbers were staying in the high 40s, but folks with open eyes who don't watch Fox 24/7 soured on him within 2-3 months, and his poll numbers have been between 38-43% ever since. And soured may be too polite a term. Appalled by may be more like it. And as we saw in the midterms, folks on the left and a lot in the middle (at least the suburban middle) are hell bent on voting against Trump in 2020 - and at a time when the economy and the market are still sailing along. So I do still believe that, as long as we end up with a ticket that is mostly acceptable to those on the left and middle, Trump will lose in 2020 because that energy is still there.

  9. #189
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    107,061
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Only the shitty ones.
    LOL. I had the same reaction to vad’s post just now. It’s ridiculous to say Dems won’t show up for white guys just because they’re white. If Beto or Biden or whoever performs well in the debates and shows he can address the needs of the diverse Dem base, he will get votes.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    It's good to remember that bitching on a message board is how we got Trump.
    It is if this message board and bingeing cable news are the extent of your political engagement.
    We're going to be good again.

  11. #191
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    I voted for Clinton, Shoo. Try again.
    And I have politics, Strickland. Try again! Not sure why you and mdmh are always so keen to pick the same fight over and over again, but it got old a while ago. Find something new. Do better.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    And I have politics, Strickland. Try again! Not sure why you and mdmh are always so keen to pick the same fight over and over again, but it got old a while ago. Find something new. Do better.
    What do you believe in?
    We're going to be good again.

  13. #193
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    It is if this message board and bingeing cable news are the extent of your political engagement.
    I never watch cable news. And you called me out without provocation on this message board (and post much more than I do). Not sure where you are coming from here, but you look like an ass. Proud of you for going to DSA meetings though.
    Last edited by Shooshmoo; 12-20-2018 at 03:23 PM.

  14. #194
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    What do you believe in?
    I've responded to this weird accusation several times. You can go find it - I'm not going out lay out my platform again for your strange measure board pleasure. And I'm not going to ask for yours because I don't give a flying fuck.

  15. #195
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,620
    yeah, let's all get our principles out for dick measuring so we can prove...something

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    I never watch cable news. And you called me out without provocation on this message board (and post much more than I do). Not sure where you are coming from here, but you look like an ass. Proud of you for going to DSA meetings though.
    I don’t go to DSA meetings.

    Calling you out without provocation on a message board???? Gauntlet thrown indeed.
    We're going to be good again.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    yeah, let's all get our principles out for dick measuring so we can prove...something
    We just need a charismatic blue dog candidate who raises a lot of money and loses elections and then we’ll finally win one.
    We're going to be good again.

  18. #198
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    7,888
    Never mind, man. Keep my name out yo mouth.

  19. #199
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    We just need a charismatic blue dog candidate who raises a lot of money and loses elections and then we’ll finally win one.
    but Kamala Harris !

  20. #200
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    7,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    We just need a charismatic blue dog candidate who raises a lot of money and loses elections and then we’ll finally win one.
    We are all waiting with bated breath for your uncharismatic progressive candidate who can't raise money and wins elections.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •