• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

It's discouraging how obsessed the tunnels are with politicians ages. Ageism is like the only remaining arbitrary discriminator that still passes the P.C. test, apparently.

it's not arbitrary when age is tied to physical and mental fitness
Sure, but our candidate preferences arent based on specific physical and mental "fitness" levels because the candidates havent even been tested on those criteria. Hillary Clinton is 5 years younger than Bernie. Did any of the posters here concerned about candidate age plan on dismissing Clinton on that criteria in 2016, or primarying her in 2020 based on age?

Preferring younger candidates is 1 thing, suggesting a hard and fast age limit for candidates is another.

It's discouraging how obsessed the tunnels are with politicians ages. Ageism is like the only remaining arbitrary discriminator that still passes the P.C. test, apparently.

What a dumb post. Young adults are underrepresented at every level of politics from voters to volunteers to every level of politician. Representation matters.

I move we change the minimum age of the Presidency to be 1 year older than MDMH.

Likelihood that MDMH would be so sanctimonious about “ageism” if Bernie wasn’t almost 80?

What a dumb post. Young adults are underrepresented at every level of politics from voters to volunteers to every level of politician. Representation matters.
What a dumb post. You think an old age limit on the presidency, which would still allow for the vast majority of Presidential candidates in their 50's and even 60's, as they have mostly been in the past, changes young adult representation?

What a dumb post. You think an old age limit on the presidency, which would still allow for the vast majority of Presidential candidates in their 50's and even 60's, as they have mostly been in the past, changes young adult representation?

You can vote for whomever you want but I'm pretty sure that people slow down and die when they get old. It's science.

giphy.gif

I think 75 is a good limit for a first term, actually. We have a sundowning President right now, Reagan became senile in office. Most people retire at age 62. It's irresponsible not to have a limit, the same way we have a minimum age.

i think a person age 50 has a vastly different perspective on the needs of the young than an 80 yr old who has been living a professional politician in the beltway, yes

i think a person age 50 has a vastly different perspective on the needs of the young than an 80 yr old who has been living a professional politician in the beltway, yes

Theoretically I think you are right, but in practice the oldest candidate in the field is the most popular with young people. As we see more major grassroots candidates who arent beholden to the two party status quo, I believe the younger candidates, like AOC, will have a demonstrably younger political perspective.

I don't support age limits. I do think age should be considered when voting. Older candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge and concern for challenges young people face.

Back