• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Likelihood that MDMH would be so sanctimonious about “ageism” if Bernie wasn’t almost 80?
I would prefer younger candidates as you all would, but I've never seriously discriminated in that way because there are a lot of older politicians who I appreciate and believe have been very good, currently and historically. Politics isnt necessarily the most physically strenuous job, and different peoples mental faculties deteriorate at different rates.

What if we could vote for a computer for president ?!???!!! ! ! ! ! ?? ?!

RJKarl is only like 67. Keep that in mind when considering an older candidate.

I don't support age limits. I do think age should be considered when voting. Older candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge and concern for challenges young people face.

Well duh. Suddenly you arent defending an old age limit for Presidential candidates as a general means to give young people better political representation. Good. That would have been asinine.

Well duh. Suddenly you arent defending an old age limit for Presidential candidates as a general means to give young people better political representation. Good. That would have been asinine.

You woke up in a good mood, I see.

limiting how many positions (that have no term limits) that can be filled by elderly people certainly creates more opportunities for younger candidates

You woke up in a good mood, I see.
Mood is fine. I have to replace the intake manifold gaskets on my truck before it will pass inspection, I'm not thrilled about that. Maybe it hurt my feelings a little bit that Ph started his response by calling my statement dumb (it wasnt dumb). Otherwise, i'm fine.

When did I ever support an age limit? You made a dumb post and I called it out.

When did I ever support an age limit? You made a dumb post and I called it out.
My post was regarding the general ageism implicit in a 60yo age limit, as I've specifically critisized the idea multiple times before and after your irrelevant commentary. If you werent responding to my criticism, then what the hell were you responding to? Also, you might remember this back and forth the next time you want to give me advice about being a dick. When you call someones post dumb, maybe its best that you at least know what their post is about.

I responded to the specific words you posted which didn’t mention an age limit. I’m not a mind reader.

Your post was dumb because you didn’t explain what it was about.

I responded to the specific words you posted which didn’t mention an age limit. I’m not a mind reader.

Your post was dumb because you didn’t explain what it was about.
So either you're just generally supporting ageism as a concept, or you havent kept up with the multiple conversations we've had lately about age limits on the Presidency, most of which you've participated in, and were mentioned on this very page which led to my comment. Cool.

You mentioned age limits today after the dumb post. Go back and read your words in context and tell me how I was supposed to know your vague condemnation of “ageism” was about age limits and not about taking age into consideration. Keep in mind the latter is what was actually being discussed.

At least Abrams and Beto can say they fought hard against the odds (or possibly cheated like Abrams), but Gillum should’ve won Florida if he wants higher office.

You mentioned age limits today after the dumb post. Go back and read your words in context and tell me how I was supposed to know your vague condemnation of “ageism” was about age limits and not about taking age into consideration. Keep in mind the latter is what was actually being discussed.
The fact that you jumped to conclusions and then were confrontional is your problem, not mine. I stand by my statement that the obsession with politicians ages is discouraging.

The fact that you jumped to conclusions and then were confrontional is your problem, not mine. I stand by my statement that the obsession with politicians ages is discouraging.

Yes, the fact that I assumed you made an on-topic comment is my fault. I'll be sure not to give you the benefit of the doubt in the future.

if anything the interest in ages is encouraging. it's a conversation this nation needs to start having

I went back and looked. Yesterday we were talking about bias against younger candidates. Nobody's mentioned age limits in days. Yet MDMH expected people think his first post of the morning was about something we haven't discussed in days as opposed to what we discussed yesterday.

And we all know he could care less or would be against older candidates if he didn't support Bernie.

As I've said over and over again, the DEMS should NOT nonimate anyone over 60 for POTUS in 2020

I went back and looked. Yesterday we were talking about bias against younger candidates. Nobody's mentioned age limits in days. Yet MDMH expected people think his first post of the morning was about something we haven't discussed in days as opposed to what we discussed yesterday.

And we all know he could care less or would be against older candidates if he didn't support Bernie.

"days", huh? You're working really hard to knock an anti-ageism post that didnt even mention you.

Back