• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I’m curious what sailor’s point is here. Plenty of black people are descended from slave owners. White men regularly and systematically raped black women (and men) as a show of power.

Seems weird to treat that as interesting information.

Who cares if her ancestors were slave owners. She isn't a slave owner. Slavery isn't a part of her political platform. What's next? We'll learn she was descended from Ghengis Khan? Uh, ok. I'm not worried that makes her prone to the whole sale slaughter of innocent civilians. If our political discourse is based on a candidate's long gone family lineage we have more than jumped the shark.

Over a year ago, I posted that we should expand the Supreme Court and had some "interesting" responses. Now Dem presidential candidates are talking about it. Beto threw out expanding it to fifteen justices.

Hmmm.

Over a year ago, I posted that we should expand the Supreme Court and had some "interesting" responses. Now Dem presidential candidates are talking about it. Beto threw out expanding it to fifteen justices.

Hmmm.
CANDIDATES READ THE BOARDS!

Gotta like Cory...Having Rosario Dawson as First Lady would be fun...

Maybe they’re close because progressives haven’t run there. Gillum outperformed the last several Dem candidates for FL gov including a former Republican Governor by running as a progressive. People will vote for a real deal conservative over a pretender.

Maybe they’re close because progressives haven’t run there. Gillum outperformed the last several Dem candidates for FL gov including a former Republican Governor by running as a progressive. People will vote for a real deal conservative over a pretender.
Exactly. The Democrats who make those arguments have an endless supply of good faith for Democratic campaign gate keeping and the Democratic primary system. The Democratic party is in no way meritocratic, beyond often rewarding party loyalists. Current political campaign finance setup and entrenched Democratic establishment gatekeeping prevents populist candidates from winning primaries and seriously competing in red/purple areas. The Abdul El Sayeds, Ben Jealous'es, Iron Staches will never get the fair shake in the primary or full party push in the general.

The Democratic Party writes these rural red state areas completely off unless they can somehow win with their hand picked party plant or some popular conservative gets a wild hair up their ass and switches parties.

Last edited:
Tell me more about this Pete Butt guy. I like the cut of his jib.

He'd also force the closet homophobes out of their closets, as you know they'd lose their minds.

Does that include the 4.5 million the Democratic Party gave back to him from his senate campaign?

Does that include the 4.5 million the Democratic Party gave back to him from his senate campaign?

Just online donations. Beto is going to be the next POTUS, he's got it. He's probably right when he said he was born for it.

Wasn't the governor's race in 2014 razor thin?

The evidence of progressives outperforming moderates just isn't very compelling nationwide as much as progressives try to fit that square peg into the round hole.

Wasn't the governor's race in 2014 razor thin?

The evidence of progressives outperforming moderates just isn't very compelling nationwide as much as progressives try to fit that square peg into the round hole.

You can look this up. You seem to forget 2018 was a recount.

There’s not much evidence of moderates outperforming Progressives. The huge losses over the last 10 years have mostly been moderates losing to conservatives.

One, that's just a bad tweet that doesn't say anything. Two, I am getting so much pleasure in all the Bernie Bro angst about Beto.

Back