• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

but Kamala Harris !

if we’re going to elect a cop, then I’m fine with Harris

What’s everybody’s ideal ticket?

I’m leaning Kristin Gillibrand/Sherrod Brown, but would be fine with Kamala, Warren, or Bernie in either spot. Beto would be a fine VP candidate.

I need to read more about Klobuchar, but she seems like a pretty mainstream liberal in this day and age and has voted on the wrong side of healthcare and civil liberties issues in the past. I don’t know much about Hickenlooper, either.

I think I could get behind anybody but Garcetti, Booker, Clinton, Cuomo, and Biden.

And I have politics, Strickland. Try again! Not sure why you and mdmh are always so keen to pick the same fight over and over again, but it got old a while ago. Find something new. Do better.
I never mentioned you, or even thought about you, so if you felt called out by my comment about Beto, that's real interesting. You should self examine and investigate that.

because to people on the right, all you ever hear is how a liberal is the worst thing in the world. but really in maybe just the past year or two, liberals are also persona non grata to those on the left.

Again, there’s ideological variation on the American left. If you identify as a liberal, then I can imagine that you like liberals. If you don’t identify as a liberal in terms of ideology, then you probably won’t like liberal politicians.

Liberals, in my understanding, typically are pretty conservative when it comes to market regulation and taxation, are in favor of reforming the healthcare system (vs. socializing it), have an uncomfortable relationship with civil liberties and immigration reform, and love them some war.

I think, for the most part, liberals and progressives share similar values when it comes to “social issues,” which is why you see centrists play up their positions in these policy areas and downplay their positions that sully their self-proclaimed progressive credentials.

Another factor is that the Democratic Party is slowly moving leftward, which makes liberal centrists look like an even more distinct ideological bloc.

Liberals, in my understanding, typically are pretty conservative when it comes to market regulation and taxation, are in favor of reforming the healthcare system (vs. socializing it), have an uncomfortable relationship with civil liberties and immigration reform, and love them some war.

Boy do they really love them some war. This whole response to Trump/Syria/Afghanistan has liberals rushing to defend the status quo of our interventionist policies.

What a fucking world we live in where racist shithead Steven Miller is on CNN talking about the costs of the conflicts in dollars and lives, meanwhile on NPR they bring on anyone who will spout shit like "no one understood the costs of these conflicts more than Mattis."

I think it is easier to make the argument we shouldn’t be there in the first place but once we go into a region and help fuck things up we probably shouldn’t just be like alright peace we’re out with no forward thinking of what that will actually mean to the region.

I think it is easier to make the argument we shouldn’t be there in the first place but once we go into a region and help fuck things up we probably shouldn’t just be like alright peace we’re out with no forward thinking of what that will actually mean to the region.

TITCR. We never should have entered the Middle East and essentially set up occupation of multiple sovereign nations, but now that we are there (mostly because we have done more to make the situation worse than better), the vacuum left if we just wholesale pull out of the region is going to lead to greater issues, not the least of which is there is a global superpower that doesn't give a shit about going in and fucking up the region as long as they can use it to their benefit. And it just so happens that that global superpower has sway over the current POTUS.

2018, hell of a drug.

It also just so happens that we are a global superpower that doesn't give a shit about going in and fucking up the region as long as we can use it to our benefit. The problem is that your answer can and will be used to defend our presence across the middle east and africa indefinitely.

Yep. We should leave and just say fuck it. Who cares what happens to the brown people over there anyway.

Yep. We should leave and just say fuck it. Who cares what happens to the brown people over there anyway.

Well Dems certainly don't care...

Not much moral high ground for either party to say they care about what happens to people in the ME.

Boy do they really love them some war. This whole response to Trump/Syria/Afghanistan has liberals rushing to defend the status quo of our interventionist policies.

What a fucking world we live in where racist shithead Steven Miller is on CNN talking about the costs of the conflicts in dollars and lives, meanwhile on NPR they bring on anyone who will spout shit like "no one understood the costs of these conflicts more than Mattis."

Pull out our troops. Libs lose their minds, while dropping pubs love war hottakes.

Pull out our troops. Libs lose their minds, while dropping pubs love war hottakes.

Libs are losing their minds because Trump announced a pull out without consulting anybody in our government much less our allies.

Sometimes you can pull out and end up making a bigger mess.

Libs are losing their minds because Trump announced a pull out without consulting anybody in our government much less our allies.

It's always a bigger mess if you pull out

Because the American army is so accomplished in fighting an insurgent resistance. What war hungry libs arent mentioning is that the Russian-Syrian coalition is perfectly capable of removing the remaining standing ISIS forces from Syria, nonwithstanding that much of that ISIS resistance was fucking trained and armed by the American army while we were trying to depose Assad. Americans dont pay any fucking attention to foreign policy unless Trump is involved. We never actually formally resolve to support Kurdish independence, we just use the Kurds as an excuse to keep a military presence near OPEC.

Back