• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

The rube response to a gay president would be similar to their response to a black president.

Exactly. That’s what I outlined above. Then the gay president appoints a trans cabinet member. Then he says a gay victim of harassment could have been him. Then the gay first couple adopts a kid. And it just keeps snowballing from there.

like I said before the election, I will not vote for him because of his central role in the decline of public discourse and his unpredictability; and I didn't; that of course has not stopped the TDS inflamed lubes around here from claiming otherwise; being a lube these days necessitates a lot of mistaken and often malicious fantasizing, I guess;

the first issue still stands, on the other hand, he is a little more predictable now than before; I think he spends too much and seems insufficiently concerned with the deficit; the tweets are too hit and miss; don't agree with large increases in military spending; his affability is pretty low; other than a few zingers his rhetoric is often poor

That would be a horrible move for Abrams. She needs to keep doing what she’s doing and then announce a senate run. Win and she would be a top candidate for 2028.

It would be weird and desperate for Biden. It would establish Biden as an old guy who needs to latch on to the popular young black person of the day.

Or it could force others in the field to name their running mates early as well and with so many folks vying for the nomination that is something that would help me reach a decision on who to support.

Which would be bad because several potential running mates are in the field.

Also I’m guessing Abrams would be on several VP short lists anyway. Biden naming her as an early VP isn’t that special because whoever wins may name her in 16 months anyway.

Maybe they should get out of the field if they dont stand a chance to win and align with someone who does

I think across the board (except Beto because Bernie Bros), all of the legitimate Dem candidates would get a +3-4 bump if they end up being the general candidate due to non-winner Dem voters backing the primary winner. The election is always going to be potentially loseable just by nature of how American Presidential elections work. But I wouldn't be too concerned about any of the polling numbers vs. Trump yet.

I'm not concerned at this point, but I don't think the numbers are meaningless. More than anything, I think they say that Biden is a known commodity who is generally acceptable and that, outside of Bernie, the others are not known commodities, and folks haven't warmed up to them yet.

NED, Biden was mulling the same thing with Beto as his veep a month or 2 ago. I think he's getting bad advice. I mean, run if you want to, but then wait until late in the primary to see who the strongest running mate would be (assuming he gets the nomination) instead of immediately attaching yourself to 2 of the greener names out there.

Biden and Bernie’s numbers are low for near universal name recognition and being the former VP and Dem runner up compared to people who have never run before.

Biden and Bernie’s numbers are low for near universal name recognition and being the former VP and Dem runner up compared to people who have never run before.

I agree they're both low in terms of the Dem primary %s. The 1 number that hasn't been low is Biden's performance v. Trump where he's been in the high single digits to low double digits in terms of his lead. I'm not attaching a ton of meaning to that at this time. I just like to follow polls on a weekly basis, and the 2 numbers of interest in that Emerson poll were Beto's under performing number v. Trump and Biden's outperforming number v. Trump.

Saw a few polls of varying quality that have Pete at around 5% and in 5th or 6th.

I’m not sure if the vs Trump number will mean much. Anybody who will vaguely consider voting for Trump vs. anybody could vote for him vs everybody in the field.

Last edited:
Bump for sailor

Would love to vote for Gillibrand, I would vote for Biden with no hesitations, probably would vote for Harris/Beto.

Would probably vote for a third party against anyone else but Bernie.

Would love to vote for Gillibrand, I would vote for Biden with no hesitations, probably would vote for Harris/Beto.

Would probably vote for a third party against anyone else but Bernie.

So a vote for Trump, then

Anyone voting for a third or alternate party candidate is de facto voting Trump whether they are honest enough to admit it or not.

ed7ea190b50ddee3c1cf11837d36a241d7ae52d351e0db6357e6238ce3366b21.jpg

Back