• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

It's a stupid tweet because it makes no sense. It makes even less sense for it to be brought up a year and a half later.

If he said I didn't kill innocent civilians in foreign countries with my assault rifle just to see Americans massacred by assault rifles, then it might be an issue.

it's brought up a year and a half later because he's now being vetted for president

it's a concerning tweet because it gives insight into his foreign policy positions

I like the guy and think he brings good ideas to the race, so can we please stop conflating accountability or pushing back on an issue with "attack dog" behavior

it's brought up a year and a half later because he's now being vetted for president

it's a concerning tweet because it gives insight into his foreign policy positions

I like the guy and think he brings good ideas to the race, so can we please stop conflating accountability or pushing back on an issue with "attack dog" behavior

I agree 100% with your last sentence.

I just don't see anything in that tweet that hints at his foreign policy or is remotely interesting. To me, your interpretation of his tweet seems a huge stretch at best.

Take my naïveté with a grain of salt but I just read that as using his experience with that gun during his service as his basis for wanting them banned. Basically an FU to the elkman style argument. Maybe there’s a different subtext I whiffed on though.

Also TIL autocorrect adds an umlaut.

oof, terrible tweet from Pete Butt

54727816_10214809000963989_7100705611834195968_o.jpg

Just disgusting. Should not have been armed while fighting in a war against militants. Sad!

I agree 100% with your last sentence.

I just don't see anything in that tweet that hints at his foreign policy or is remotely interesting. To me, your interpretation of his tweet seems a huge stretch at best.

Seems like what he is saying is that assault weapons should be used in military conflicts, but not be available to civilians in times of peace.

Bernie Bros pounce.

it is incredibly poor phrasing to say "carry an assault rifle around a foreign country" to represent the idea that his military experience has granted him special insight into the power of AR-15s

Seems like what he is saying is that assault weapons should be used in military conflicts, but not be available to civilians in times of peace.

Bernie Bros pounce.

The person who invented the AR-15 didn't think it should be available to civilians.

How about armed drones for your neighbor?

How about surface to air missiles for the guy down the street?

I’ll second juice’s desire to knock off the attack dog rhetoric. It’s disingenuous and lazy rhetoric from people who should know better. There is not a politician on either side of the aisle that is above criticism. Especially now. If you can’t take somebody criticizing your candidate, then you should avoid the Tunnels.

I'll take a stab, Alex: He didn't fight over seas to protect Americans only to have them shot down in their own streets by each other.

I don’t even think it’s that dumb a tweet

I don’t even think it’s that dumb a tweet

It’s logically incoherent at best.

Assuming that you believe that the war was fought to defend our interests abroad (and maintain our way of life at home), he arguably fought in the war precisely so that people can hoard and use automatic weapons at home.

I think he would fire up the Jesus in everyone, driving the old “Christian” evangelicals, clinging to a forgotten time, to come out in numbers never seen before. If you thought Supreme Court would bring them out, wait till the moral fabric of American society is in peril because of gayness.

Lotta certainty of interpretation going around here parsing an old 24 word tweet. I know we are all used to a president who can barely string together a coherent thought, so tweets are basically it the most you can hope for, but I get the impression Pete Butt would be happy to talk at length about gun control laws and foreign policy. Seems like that'd be the better way to get a sense of where he stands.

I never noticed this before, but you fall so hard for politicians. Not a criticism or anything, but I just noticed.

LOL. Name all these politicians I’ve fallen for. There’s so little talent out there, it’s not tough to recognize the good ones.

LOL. Name all these politicians I’ve fallen for. There’s so little talent out there, it’s not tough to recognize the good ones.

Did you even know who Mayor Pete was two months ago?

I feel like the DNC would do well to start debates earlier so they could actually give everyone a chance to get their message/policy out, but it's the DNC. Anyway, here's a Buttigieg interview where he can actually speak a bit.

Last edited:
Back