• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Elizabeth Warren: My plan for public lands

Money alone won’t solve the problem — it will take hard work. In the 1930s, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed the Civilian Conservation Corps, a public work relief program that put those unemployed during the Great Depression to work maintaining federal lands. We must embrace a modern version of this model, and I was proud to support a recent update to the program to allow for public-private partnerships with existing conservation and service organizations. But given the magnitude of the challenge, now we need to turbocharge it. I will recruit 10,000 young people and veterans to jumpstart a 21st Century Civilian Conservation Corps — and increase the budget of AmeriCorps’ one-year fellowship program to fund it. This will create job opportunities for thousands of young Americans caring for our natural resources and public lands, deepening their lifelong relationship with the great outdoors.

Heard an interview Marianne Williamson on On Point. She's not a serious candidate, but she had some good things to say about reparations, child trauma, and K-12 education. I'd like to see her in a debate.

Ph just posted a link from cnmnewz.com and is lecturing other posters on posting trash links. You gotta love it.

Man, Buttigeig is triggering people harder than Clinton did.

John Delaney has loaned over $16 million to his campaign. He's only spent about half so he can still take some back, but, man.

Bernie Sanders would be the first Jewish president. For 1.4% of the votership, his candidacy is personally historic, and that you check the temptation to ID him as a "generic white guy" in the way of a candidate you support. Pick someone else. Or better, elevate several candidates at once! Thx..

Nedick sees a guy he can eat a couple of bags of Doritos with

Nedick sees a guy he can eat a couple of bags of Doritos with

This is like one of those jokes that is not funny but keeps getting repeated and repeated so many times that eventually the audience starts laughing at the comedian. It’s like the Kristen Schaal is a horse bit.

This is like one of those jokes that is not funny but keeps getting repeated and repeated so many times that eventually the audience starts laughing at the comedian. It’s like the Kristen Schaal is a horse bit.

While both acts are painful to see, at least the video wasn't trying to be just awful to mock other people.

Did anyone watch Bernie on Fox last night? I have read snippets, which generally applaud his time, but haven't seen the whole thing.

Last edited:
Same here. Seemed like it went well which is funny because he was criticized by some for going on Fox News. I’m guessing some other candidates will seek out a town hall on Fox News too.

Is MSNBC doing town halls?

It makes sense for Bernie to go Fox news. Only 74% of people who voted for Bernie in the primaries voted for Hillary in the general. A good portion of the 26% flipped for Trump. He needs to get the blue collar rust belt votes to win the general, and fox is a primary platform for a lot of those voters.

Other candidates won't get nearly the same reception on Fox News that Bernie gets. He's been very useful for them.

Back